By DesperateToBeDad - 31/12/2015 11:57 - United Kingdom - Gravenhurst

Today, after trying unsuccessfully for three or so years to have a baby with my wife, my broodiness has gotten so bad that when I saw a couple with their daughter at the bus stop, I briefly had a daydream where I shot them in the head and took their daughter home to raise as my own. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 024
You deserved it 4 965

DesperateToBeDad tells us more.

OP here. Wow, wasn't expecting so many comments! I feel I should probably clarify a few things here: First of all, I have a very vivid imagination and tend to have involuntary daydreams where various scenarios to a situation play out. This was one such case, and doesn't mean I'm violent or am actually contemplating shooting people or anything like that, my mind just rollercoasters through various things happening and I'm just sort of along for the ride. I found this one amusing enough to post on FML. My wife and I are currently looking into fertility tests to find out exactly what the problem is, and will of course consider adoption/fostering if it turns out that natural conception isn't on the cards. Don't worry, I'm not going to abduct anyone's kids or go on a murder spree. :P

Top comments

Maybe see a therapist op? Also, there's fertility clinics and treatments you can get to enhance your chances of having a kid. Best of luck!

Maybe think about trying adoption if at all possible. I wish you the best of luck OP with whatever you choose to do.

Comments

what in that actual hell did I just read.

Geckosrock99 33

An FML. There are a lot on this site

I would maybe talk to a therapist or maybe try adopting

Adopt a child! Wouldn't that ever come across in your mind?

Ihavegas 22

so many children need adopting. theres still joy in that.

Great things come to those who wait OP! Best of luck!

Not much space for comments here, so making it short. I can relate, OP. Hubby and I had trouble too (my ovaries are apparently retarded), and had finally resigned to saving up for IVF. I needed something to mother in the meantime, so he got me a puppy, and I ended up pregnant a month later. Try it!

And if it makes you feel any better, during that time, I had a violent, seething hatred for every pregnant woman I saw. So I can relate to your daydream. It's hard to want something so special so much, and not have it, while watching others who do...especially the ones who don't appreciate it.

Know the feeling with hating pregnant women. Felt that way for so long after I miscarried. Just wanted to cry every time I saw a baby bump for the next 7 months till i found out I was pregnant again.

I'm so sorry for your loss! As hard as it was having nothing happen, I can't even imagine how hard it would be to lose one. I'm so glad you got another chance, and hope all goes well!

me too. glad i'm not the only one. I have never felt so much jealously in my life

Hardest thing was having a 'friend' 8 months pregnant with a child she didn't want, tell me how to be grateful I can even get pregnant and stop being selfish for grieving. This was just weeks after my loss. Trust me, I am so thankful for my 2 successful pregnancies (lost 3 of 5), but would love just one more child, however due to current issues that doesn't seem possible.

awildwhisper 30

This reminds me of the show Criminal Minds.

RedPillSucks 31

not everyone can relate to a nonbiologically related child. We have one natural and one adopted child and you really have to be ready for "stuff"

I sympathise, op - three years of trying must be torture. Life can be very cruel sometimes. I know absolutely nothing about your circumstances so I can't give you any meaningful advice but don't give up hope, look at all the options open to you and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck op!

i know what you feel. be strong and be blessed. I'll pray for you.