By Omydayz - 29/03/2016 23:03 - United States - Fremont

Today, after telling a friend I was contemplating asking a girl to prom, my friend took my phone, told me to have some balls, and texted the girl asking her to prom. She said no, because I asked her over text instead of in person. She refuses to believe I didn't send the text. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 648
You deserved it 1 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she really wanted to go with you she wouldn't have cared how you asked. Sounds like just an excuse not to go with you.

Did you explain over text as well or in person? Maybe you should contact her face to face, with friend in tow so friend can confirm the story and apologize like a big boy, and ask her to prom again.

Comments

JillianJuneBug 39

Dude it sounds like you dodged a bullet. If a girl is picky over how they want to be asked to prom then they can just go by themselves. They don't deserve to be taken to prom.

That is. completely unreasonable. Sounds like an excuse to me.

It's OK, OP, my date asked me over Facebook, and then it went in the shitter.

corky1992 33
Glynnis62 13

Wow, some people think they're so precious.

This is why you put pass odds on your phone and never tell anyone the code.

I drove a good bit to a very good friend's house and asked him to prom. He said no because his mom didn't go to hers. -_- I texted another friend after my ego healed and we had a blast. hahaha

That's pathetic behaviour from her. Like the way you asked matters. Plus if she refuses to believe something so simple and unimportant, she would be trouble with bigger matters in the future. You're better off!

graphicstyle7 17

Ok, a lot of these comments are probably from guys. Walk a mile in her shoes, dudes. If a girl is attractive, yes, she has to weed out guys who won't suit her. That's why chicks don't eat that last piece of pie, work out, and buy makeup, so she has choices. Sounds primitive, but you know it's true.That's what boys do also. You're not going to ask someone you are not attracted to out for the prom, are you? She wants a guy who is romantic, and has the guts to ask her out personally. There's nothing wrong with that. The guy who wrote the post should pick up some flowers, pick up his friend, and go over to her house, explain what happened, and ask again. If she refuses this time, then, yes, she is a waste of his time. If not, then he knows not to give up so easily next time.