By denaeb123 - 22/02/2015 04:34 - United States - Middleton

Today, after swallowing my birth control pill, I threw up all over myself. I then had to search through my puke to find my birth control pill and attempt to re-take it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 185
You deserved it 6 427

denaeb123 tells us more.

Hey, Im the OP. It is extremely important that you take the pills in order and you CANNOT skip a pill! If you do your hormones can get all wacky and if youre sexually active, you can get pregnant. You only have a set amount of pills in the pack and they dont give any extras.

Top comments

As a male, I can't claim I know a whole lot about birth control pills... but is it really that detrimental to the cycle to just grab a new pill?

You didn't think to maybe take the next pill in the pack instead?

Comments

That's why you keep an emergency pack. I have an extra always laying around, so if stuff like this were to happen to me, I could just eat one of those, and I wouldn't be a pill short at the end of the month

exactly! I was looking for this comment. I thought everyone had an emergency pack, it seems so much more logical.

They only give me one pack each month, when I pick it up. Now that I read this, I wish they would give me two packs because that makes more sense. I've lost a pill under the seats in my car, and I literally had to rip my car apart to find it. Having a second pack would really create less stress if you lost one. They should make it mandatory to give you two packs.

I get 6 packs a time, so I don't need to get more for half a year. Going back every month would be a hassle.

I guess you don't have to pick up more than one prescription a month then. Lucky you. Even if some of us were getting 6 months worth of pills we'd still have to go back periodically to pick up other prescriptions.

At one point when I was taking different bc pills than i am now, i couldnt get another pack until the last day of the previous pack. Had to plan vacations around it. Extremely annoying.

Why not take the next pill on the strip and maybe having to start your menstruation a day earlier?!!

I would called your doctor and ask them what you could do.

I throw up my pills all the time, I live with my boyfriend and we have sex all the time. Never gotten pregnant. Missing one really isn't that big of a deal

Different women have different chances of getting pregnant though, I wouldn't want to take a risk and find out I'm one of the super fertile ones, no matter how inconvenient morning after pills and condoms are!

Never say never. You should probably switch to a different birth control method if you throw your pills up all the time. How is that not a red flag for you? Go talk to your doctor.

And going to tomorrow's pill wasn't an option? Or even skipping for the night if you're physically ill? As long as you're not having regular intercourse it's fine.

No, it's not. You're not suppose to mess up the pill cycle by taking the next days. It sucks but it's true. She could of skipped it had she not had sex in over a week but I'm assuming she did since she had to dig through vomit.

You don't take the pill for past sex. You take it for future plans to have sex. So no. She didn't need to dig through vomit. Either miss a night and refrain for a week or so. Or just go to the next pill and start your period a day early. Your body doesn't know that you shortened the supply of pills by a day. Talk to your doctor before the need arises again.

She actually doesnt take it for sex, she takes it for hormones. If i missed a day back when i was doing it for hormones my body would have been WAY screwed up.

I'm pretty sure most pills come with a set of instructions for if you miss or throw up one, pretty sure none of them say root through your own vomit! But anyway, well done for being responsible in your own way.

Maybe the birth control isn't working and you're pregnant