By Anonymous - 05/11/2010 02:22 - United States

Today, after staying in bed all day for a week from sickness, I get up to tell my mom I have terrible back pain and feel extremely dizzy. After curling up on the chair next to her, not being able to keep my head up for too long, she simply stares at me and says, "Can I finish my dinner now?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 136
You deserved it 5 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

:( Normally I'm a bitch in the comments, but I can't be right now. That sounds like something my mom would do. I'm sorry and I hope you feel better!

CoachLlama 5

Sorry you feel puny. Maybe you can find some over the counter medication to help your symptoms. Give mom a break, she's had to deal with you all week too. After you feel better, do something nice for her.

Comments

Lmao, stop bitching about it and go take some medicine, momma won't always be there so start being a little more independent, you giant baby!!

yea!!! this isn't the magic school bus. grow a pair and keep moving, OP

I agree with #1. you don't know the mom's story; the girl could have been acting like a drama queen.

jeremy1 0

omg!!! go to the doctor you have meningitis!!! it feels like the flew but then it has neck pain a's well its really an inflammation of your cerebral meningis it can be deadly!!

You know what else feels like the flu? The flu. Calm down, web md. OP didn't say anything about neck pain, headaches, etc.

xXpeachesXx 0

Actually, the OP mentioned he/she was in extreme back pain and could barely hold their head up... Back and neck pain, especially not being able to hold their head up, with flu-like symptoms, fever and dizziness ARE ALL symptoms of meningitis, and should not be taken lightly. We have had several students die over the years from this in our local university, because they thought they had the flu and didn't go to the doctor. A flu should not last more than 2-4 days, if it does and you are still vomiting and having diarrhea, you need to go to the doctor anyway. As an RN, I would definitely suggest OP goes to the doctor ASAP. So Foe, maybe you need to get some medical training or check out WebMD before telling someone they're stupid for warning someone about symptoms that could kill them.

C'mon peaches, give IF a break. Look at the original comment again. Would you honestly give credit to the opinion of someone who didn't even spell "flu" correctly? The comment reads like it was written by a middle-schooler, but poor grammar aside, jeremy gives no indication that he has any medical background whatsoever. He says he's an EMT in a later comment, but this one just conveys a sense of panic and doom, and a total convinction of OP's diagnosis based on very little information. None of that screams "Take this seriously!" to me.  Now, based on your comment, I'd say the OP should go get checked. You actually gave an explanation of why this could be meningitis. But jeremy's does indeed seem to be a WebMD-induced overreaction, and in OP's shoes, I wouldn't have taken it seriously at all.

jeremy1 0

well I know my shit okay I may not be an RN but I am a EMT I save lives every day of my life thats what I do forgive me if I jumped to conclusions without explaining it the matter of fact is I'm probably right and this kid needs help immediately that's the first thing we are trained to ask for with patients with flu like symptoms is if they are experiencing neck or back pain cause this is a major give away of meningitis I have no idea what web md is or whatever your talkin about all I know is I saw this and knew they need immediate medical care so I left a quick comment forgive for not going into vivid detail I'll leave that to the doctor.

Fortunately, there are a few real doctor's on this site. OP says nothing about neck stiffness (as opposed to neck pain), which is one of the three cardinal symptoms of meningitis (along with high fever and altered mental status). Without all of these symptoms, it is extremely unlikely to be meningitis. And since OP had been sick for over a week, it is even LESS likely to be meningitis. Jeremy, without taking away from what you EMTs do, leave the doctoring to the doctors. All you are doing now is fomenting panic. Peaches, just because you checked WebMD doesn't make you an expert in the field either.

FYLDeep 25

If you know you're ******, then make her take you to the hospital. If not, then try not to bother her too much. You're just gonna have to man up and ride it out.

sallen0046 4

You've been sick for a week now and still expect your mother to drop everything she's trying to do to come running? While you're sitting in a chair? Because you didn't have enough sense to stay in bed while you were dizzy? Let the woman eat her dinner and stop being such a drama queen. How do you expect to survive an illness as an adult when you HAVE to take care of yourself?

I mostly agree with this. Granted, most mums hate to see their children sick. But you got out of bed and draped yourself over her chair just to complain. Hardly a move that deserves sympathy. Especially if she's been caring for you all this while or if your symptoms are nothing new. My toddler followed me around crying one day and every time I was still for a minute, she would throw herself on the ground and resume her tantrum. Let's hope she outgrows that before she learns how to type an FML.

banananut 0

You should've told her to get back in the kitchen! Pshh, what's with women nowadays?

#10 I love Family Guy but I loath you... Get your own jokes instead of sampling from FG episodes. OP- your mom sounds like a real bitch. Even if u had been complaining a lot about being sick she is your mother! She should at least pretend to give a shit.

takeapieandrun 9

Stop moaning like a little bitch. Why the hell would you get up if you were feeling dizzy? The blood flowing to your feet will only make it worse. And big deal, your mom said she'd rather eat dinner. If I interrupted my mother while she was eating even if I was sick, she would just get pissed off at me.