By GirlyClaire - 29/03/2013 11:37 - Japan - Tokyo

Today, after spending months comparing the previous weather forecasts to work out the exact date, and after travelling 12000 km by plane to see the cherry blossoms in bloom in Japan, I learned that this year, they bloomed 10 days earlier than expected. And to top it off, it turns out I’m allergic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 629
You deserved it 82

Top comments

TigranPet 24

Well look on the bright side, you went to Japan. Even if you were allergic, it would be nice to see new things there.

abraybro 27

Reminds me of the time I went to China during their winter and it started snowing two days before departing back to Australia. Bad luck, OP.

Comments

abraybro 27

Reminds me of the time I went to China during their winter and it started snowing two days before departing back to Australia. Bad luck, OP.

Wow sucks OP!! Sorry, hopefully, your loses were minimal..

deathstroke990 22

That sucks, wasted all that time and money just to find out you were too late and it wasn't even fun to begin with.

TigranPet 24

Well look on the bright side, you went to Japan. Even if you were allergic, it would be nice to see new things there.

I guess you learned why cherry blossoms are a symbol of transience...

peterburk 5

I flew to Japan when the cherry blossoms were in bloom, met my crush of 7 years, and finally confessed my undying love to her. She said "thank you", but not "yes". At least I went to PunkSpring rock festival and let out my emotions in the mosh pit with Monoeyes and Simple Plan. And I got to visit some friends and go electronics shopping. There were a lot of appropriate songs (Uncanny - Anberlin, Little Wanderer - Death Cab for Cutie, etc). Overall, the adventure was worth it, and now the burden of saying nothing is off my chest.

That sucks, but hey its Japan, there's always more to see.

QuagD 17

Why would you not go a little early?

the only thing that seems to be blossoming is your bad luck..