By dogh8er - 18/12/2011 19:31 - United States

Today, after spending hours wrapping the presents for Christmas, I came back into the room to find that my dog had lost his toy, knocked over all the presents, and was frantically ripping at everything to find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 125
You deserved it 3 542

Same thing different taste

Top comments

adropofpeace 8
DontModMeDammit 10

My fat cat just enjoys laying on all the presents and crushing anything fragile in the process.

Comments

DontClickOnMe 28

Haha that's cute. I would be mad though only cause I suck at wrapping presents.

mrz1177 11
flockz 19

sounds like he's going to be in the doghouse tonight.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
yumlicious 4

So if your kid ears desserts prior to dinner are going to stick him outside for a couple weeks?

My daughter knows dessert isn't allowed until after dinner. But yes, everyone vote me down because I'd rather my daughters christmas not be ruined with open bonbons and chewed up presents all because we have a dog that can't help itself over night. Silly me to have my priorities all mixed up! By the way, keeping a dog outside is NOT cruel. It's not like he hasn't got a kennel, with blankets and even pillows to make himself comfortable.

Um.... seriously? I guess it didn't cross your mind to just put the stuff somewhere where your dog can't get at them? Nope. Better to shove the dog outside for a couple weeks so that things will look pretty. You really don't have your priorities straight.

My life revolves around my daughter, not a dog. If she wants to enjoy the christmas experience of seeing a tree with presents and bonbons under it, am I supposed to set it up in the laundry? I don't think so. "Oh sorry sweetheart, we can't have nice things on display for you because it's more important that the dog sleeps inside" Obviously you don't have children.

Kicking an entirely dependent family member outside...:-( wtg

You realize it's actually harmful to put a dog that has been an inside pet outside in this cold weather? Regardless if you put a few blankets in there? Why don't you bring his kennel inside and lock him in it during the night? If not give him to someone who will actually take care of him.

It's summer here, and he isn't an inside pet, during the day he is usually in and out depending on where he feels like being, and sleeps inside or outside. I highly doubt any harm will arise due to him sleeping outside less than a full week, considering his daily inside/outside habits won't be affected unless no ones home to monitor him.

I'm glad you all have so much concern over a dog though, but perhaps such compassion could be better spent on being advocates towards helping the homeless, since they are the ones far less fortunate than any pet in my home.

Get an indoor dog crate, that way everyone and everything is safe overnight and you can have peace of mind. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs, and you never know what may happen outdoors when you are not watching (just like with a child). And yes, I have indoor animals AND children.

tawna0513 0

If you can't take proper care of both your daughter and your dog pick one, give the dog to someone who cares about him/her

why did you get a dog? i seriously hate people like you. You don't care about a dog enough to look after it properly, nah just bung it outside where anything could happen to it just so your house looks pretty for christmas. i'd suggest giving the dog to someone else who would actually appreciate it, but unfortunately dogs are too loyal to their owners, even losers like you.

LaColombianita 26

Aww how cute. My dog usually does that with her gifts but plays with the wrapping instead.

FYLDeep 25

Must have been a deluxe toy you your dog. I'm surprised it would be so persistent in finding it. In my experience dogs usually don't have real long attention spans.

yeah my dog would have given up and went to sleep.

Lol have you never watched a dog trying to get food out of a kong?

sinking_fish 12

62- ever seen a dog try to get a gob of peanut butter off of the top of his nose? ;)

FYLDeep 25

I guess that is an option for the OP (being that he's from Florida), but as a general rule, you're way off. It's the ******* winter. Unless you have a husky and an outdoor shelter built, you'd kill your dog out here in Wisconsin.

Not all dogs are bred for the outdoors...

LilliPage 17

I really hope you're not a dog owner.

Poser1337 5