By Anonymous - 06/08/2015 19:37 - Canada

Spicy
Today, after ranting to my best friend about how all our friends are having kids and how teenage pregnancy will ruin their lives, she announced to me that she's pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 732
You deserved it 7 346

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I guess you're not going to be invited to the baby shower. But on the bright side there's no way you could've known, and now you don't have to live a lie!

Be there for her and support her, don't be that person who's not a friend anymore due to a difference in opinion

Comments

Well, just don't let it surprise you when she turns to Teen Mom 2 for parenting advice.

Well, your friendly, neighbourhood abortion clinic exists for a reason. Just throwing that out there.

support her and apologize if you hurt her feelings im certain you did not mean too. you have the right to have your own opinions.

I hate to ask, but what kind of sex education classes are all of your friends in if they are ALL pregnant teenagers? Despite all of that - Try to be as supportive as possible.

As someone who was pregnant as a teenager, all I have to say is support her, even if you don't agree. I lost all of my friends and it sucked. Try encouraging her to give her baby to another couple. I did that. It is very hard, but if she agrees, be the support in that. Teenage pregnancies can turn someone else's life around.

I would not encourage that. Just let her know that there are other options. I had my son really young and he's the best thing that has happened to me. just because some are young does not mean that they can't handle the responsibility.

Actually, they can't, which is why it isn't moral to give birth during your teenage youth. Most of the time it's the parents of the teen mom that's carrying all the work while the teen mom struggles to finish school and get her life together. The real responsibility is to be smart enough to prevent yourself from becoming pregnant at a young age.

what, all of them? I hate people who assume all teenagers are incapable of supporting themselves or anyone else.

#30, I disagree. At 16 years old, I don't think it's wise to finish school and "raise" a child that the parents basically do for the teen. Therefore, I will always encourage giving the baby to someone else. If that is hard, which it is, then keep your legs closed. I didn't have a choice. By the time I found out I was pregnant, it was too late to abort and I was NOT going to keep the child of someone who sexually abused me, nor was I going to give the baby to him.

doodlebug13 15

#26 you obviously have no heart. How can you just give up some one who wrought carried INSIDE you?!?! They were connected with you for nine months. I don't understand what's wrong with people.

doodlebug13 15

#33 You are SO wrong. I'm a teen mom TWICE and I finished school while their daddy watched the oldest of my row girls. I had my second baby girl a few months after my GRADUATION!!!! Who says some people can't handle the responsibility?? You're an idiot if you believe no one can

doodlebug13 15

The fact that you think abortion is ok just goes to show that you have serious problems. A baby has a heartbeat WITHIN TWENTY DAYS!!!!!! It's not a fetus, it is a human being!! And you are a murderer if you think abortion is ok.

RedPillSucks 31

@47. did you not read her follow up? obviously it is a personal choice, but for her, she was basically raped. that changes the whole calculus of the thing

#47, I have no heart?! Excuse me? My choices as a mother are not up for debate. How dare you even accuse me of such! I love my baby! Thanks to me, someone whom I love dearly has a child that we thought she couldn't have (medical reasons I'm not going to say). My baby has a wonderful life with his parents and 3 siblings! That is what I wanted for him; I wanted him to have a life that he could be raised by someone who already has a college degree and not someone in school; I wanted him with someone who was financially ready for a child; I wanted him to have a good life and he has it. I am also adopted, which is another reason why I went that route. The life he has now, I could not have given him. So please, do me a favor and back off. You weren't in my situation so don't go being a judgemental asshole just because you don't agree.

again. Every situation is different. You feel like that was your only option I feel like it wasnt. That's like Me telling you if you don't want to take care of your responsibility then don't put your self in thoughtless situations. but that would be horrible me. point is life happens and despite the bad image that the show teen mom has brought on teen mothers it is very possible to raise your child young. I did without my mother's help. not because she wouldn't but because I wanted to do it on my own. there's nothing wrong with adoption if it's for good reason but it's not for everyone. I couldnt imagine having a piece of me out there on the world and not knowing them personally.

Well you can turn this around and support your friend. I hope you like babies enough to sit through constant pregnancy and baby talk...