By Chewy - 05/01/2010 10:45 - United Kingdom

Today, after my girlfriend telling me for years that she would marry me in a heartbeat, I finally proposed. She said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 537
You deserved it 4 265

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The only possible explanation is that she got sick of waiting for you to propose and started ******* your best friend.

you did it wrong. let me guess... you proposed in the parking lot at mcdonalds?

Comments

Something tells me proposing to her in the middle of a monster truck show while both of you are in the car being picked up by the Truckasaurus Rex to be crushed is not the smartest of ideas. It also doesn't help giving her a concussion with a tire iron because she forgot to put salt on your pretzel, but that's just my opinion.

and I was hoping to lure you into my trap with that comment... (presses red button on his remote) (gas starts to pour through the vents) @#$%! That didn't summon the cage to trap you! @#$%! You win thiiisss tiiiiiiimmmmmmfkgafgklj (passes out)

(wakes up to see a bucket lowering down from above) Hooray! I has a bucket!

Now all you need is a life and you're set.

Kingdutch 3
youthink_fml 0

Was she asking for money when she said she'd marry you?

Cartain 0

FYL for learning about women the hard way.

Hmmmm..... You zigged when you should have zagged maybe next time buddy ;) tehe

I almost said no to my ex because of how awful the proposal was. The whole thing was about him and there was no thought of me put into it. He proposed in a restaurant that was special to him (he ate there with his family every week), in front of HIS family (mine was nowhere to be found because he never invited them), he didn't get down on his knee because his SISTER didn't like that, and there was no sentimentalities about why he wanted to marry me, he just blurted out the question and nothing else. Oh, it was also about a weekafter my grandfather died. (anyone who knows me knew how absolutely important it was to have my grandfather at my wedding and because my ex waited SO LONG, my grandfather died before he even proposed) I think we need to know more context! His gf could totally be in the right if it wasn't done in a way to make her think he was serious, ooooor if it was awful timing.

youthink_fml 0

Stupid reasons to say no. If you want to marry the guy, shouldn't matter how he asks, where you are, if one, two, or no knees are involved. You just sound like a bitch that needs every detail exactly how you want it and if you don't get it, you're going to throw a temper tantrum.

so if you loved someone and they asked you to marry them while they were taking a dump, would you say yes? i would say no, try again later, don't forget to wash your hands.

birds_fml 7

Get over yourself. Holy crap, it's women like you that make me ashamed of my own gender. My husband never proposed. I asked him if he wanted to get married (in the car at Sonic, btw) and that was that. We got married at the courthouse 5 months later. Not because we couldn't afford a big fancy wedding, but because why the hell should we waste all that time and money? It's about the marriage... NOT about the wedding, or the proposal, or the engagement ring, or any of that other stupid crap some women put so much weight on. No wonder he's your ex. Either he got tired of putting up with your "princess" bs attitude, or you finally realized that no man would ever be able to make you feel as special as you think you are.

pendulum2012 0

#22 is so selfish!! my husband proposed to me when I walked in on him having sex with another woman, and i said yes because I'M not selfish!! I dont need the perfect proposal!!

^ Sounds like you said yes because you're an idiot. Everyone, lay off #22. There's no crime for wanting the proposal to be a LITTLE special, but from the looks of it, it wasn't at all.

pendulum2012 0

It was a joke, I don't know why you would think anyone would accept a proposal from a guy while he was screwing another girl. and please stop stalking all my comments

Well, he's my ex because he was a douchebag. I realized I couldn't spend my life with someone who was so selfish. Im definitely far from a princess, lol. The grandpa thing, He had a terminal illness. So, yeah....he did have an idea. The reason I had issues was because he literally put no thought into it. He was an awful, awful person who basically proposed as a means to make me lose weight. (I was a whole 140 at 5'6"?) He literally said, "I thought that ring was supposed to be your motivation to lose weight." So yeah, Im horribly upset I lost that one, lol. It's all good, now, because I found someone amazing :) Im just saying there can always be other circumstances that led to her saying no.

prplwrpl 0

I really hope that was sarcasm. Cause that sucked and you are a dork.

My now husband called me up on the phone while he was at work and said "hey lets get married"... we went that afternoon to the courthouse. He later got me a ring and "properly proposed" because he wanted me to have that.

That's not a matter of being selfish, that's you being a complete idiot. Even if that was a 'joke', anyone who has so little self respect to accept a proposal when he's literally screwing someone else deserves any unhappiness that comes from such a match

She's been saying it for years, huh? Can't imagine why she said no after you waited for years..

dudeitsdanny 9

That would explain dumping him, not saying no. In my opinion, anyway

You probably didn't propose right. Try it again later