By it's v - 17/03/2018 08:00 - United States - Denver

Today, after my flight arrived late, I ran 60 gates to get my connecting flight. I sprinted up to the gate agent, completely out of breath, and he looked at me, shut the door, and said, “The door is shut. You’re too late.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 378
You deserved it 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully you were able to book a later flight complimentary of the late airline, otherwise I would submit a complaint and request that they cover any change fees or other expenses.

ChromoTec 24

If the gate was still open when you got there, he should be required to keep it open until the appropriate time. Him doing that right as you got there just makes him an asshole.

Comments

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20
chessu 21

Luckily, I've never missed a flight, but I have been close a few times! It does depend on the airlines as well as the airport. I've flown LOT > BA via Munich and they had managed to pass over the information for other airlines where they had more passengers and under an hour to make the flight and got them a transfer, whereas I was the only one catching the BA one with 1h 5mins to go and had to change terminals with no help provided by anyone. Had to run and cut multiple queues and only barely made it to the end of the BA line (my luggage however did not). And then I've flown Qatar via Doha where the first flight was delayed prior and there was about an hour to catch the next one and there were like 10 Qatar reps waiting at the door for various flights and we cut all the queues and the 2nd flight took off early as we were all there on time! Hopefully, you had bought it as a single ticket and the airline was responsible for putting you up and getting you onto the next available flight.

Suaria 38

I've never missed a flight. However one time my flight was delayed an hour and I had 20 minutes to figure out where my next flight is and to get to it. Luckily the other flight I was taking was also delayed.

No, they would’ve slammed the door on OP’s hand. Repeatedly.

No by the sounds of it he doesnt have a dead puppy.

“Speak friend and enter.” “Mellon.” “Yo Gandalf...Welcome back to the real world.” (Door slams) “What a wretched creature that is!”

Omg!! People like that just need to remember karma!! What comes around goes around!!

onceuponatime456 16

That's about when the gate agent would be out of a job and likely on his back for 6 to 8 months! It would be a beating he would never forget!

Jon Tessler 14

i work for an airline, and under FAA rules, the gate agents are required to release seats and close the gate down 10 minutes prior to departure. while it seems a crappy thing to do, this is to maintain proper air traffic flow to and from every airport. the OP would be automatically put at the top of the standby list for the next flight. yep the gate agent may have seemed like a snotty person, but he was actually doing his job.