By Anonymous - 29/08/2014 15:38 - United States - Hightstown

Today, after moving into my new house, I woke up to strange sounds coming from the kitchen. I panicked and started sobbing, convinced it was either a robbery or a home invasion. Turned out it was just my cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 898
You deserved it 12 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was really trying out his dream job of becoming a cat burglar. It's all part of the master plan.

Don't feel bad OP! I'm convinced my cat is a robber or ghost sometimes!

Comments

firstbasemaster 15

You gotta watch out for cats they wait for the right moment then maul the **** out of your face

I've lived with cats my entire life and not once have I had one just randomly maul me for no reason. they've mauled me because they were scared, angry, playing (a little too rough) but they've never done it for no reason at all

Why are you complaining? Be thankful it wasn't a robbery or home invasion OP...

tony1891 22
23lf 16

I think everyone panics like that in an empty house, especially a new one OP

I think a lot of people are startled by the new noises in a new empty house, however I'm pretty sure most don't panic and react quite like OP did.

So lemme get this straight... You think somebody broke in and your first reaction is to cry? Sorry, OP, but next time you'd do better to quietly investigate or call somebody, (so that if something happens to you they would know right away)... If it had been real crying could've gotten you killed.

RedPillSucks 31

Right. I hate when people act like a horror movie victim. Either call the police or someone else or get out of the house. No need to huddle in a corner, sobbing, and waiting to get stabbed, shot, or worse.

That would definitely be the logical thing to do. However when fear and panic settle in, often times peoples reactions aren't logical. I think quite a few women would start to cry if they genuinely thought there was someone in the house. This doesn't mean there won't be any further action they would take, just that crying would be the first one. They may cry and then get up and lock the bedroom door and then call the police.

Shayaan 10

Don't worry, you're not the only one. Back before my cat passed away, I was young and she would start running around hitting everything at night. And I would be so scared in my room

CaroAurelia 12

Was it a female in heat? I ask this because my family and I fostered a female cat who'd had kittens and hadn't yet been fixed, and when she detected an eligible bachelor cat, she sounded like someone getting murdered.

SexyMexi21 23

Why would you cry etc? I'm sure as hell you would have gotten killed if it was real. or your cat would have at least. next grab a bat/or glock and head out!

sounds like you shouldn't be living on your own. FYL