By Anonymous - 08/02/2017 14:00 - United States

Today, after months of trying to convince my violent bipolar antisocial neighbors to crack a window when they smoke pot, I'm now living without any heat to avoid being blasted by pot smoke from the heat vents day and night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 631
You deserved it 1 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jj211099 0

You should totally report them.

Report them if it isn't legal where they live (but be aware that they very well may take any resulting anger out on you- bipolar people aren't rations when they get very manic or very depressed, especially someone that is self medicating) and in the meal time try to find a cheap room heater that recirculates the air in a closed room.

Comments

Report them if it isn't legal where they live (but be aware that they very well may take any resulting anger out on you- bipolar people aren't rations when they get very manic or very depressed, especially someone that is self medicating) and in the meal time try to find a cheap room heater that recirculates the air in a closed room.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Uh. I'm talking from living with two bipolar people my entire life, one of whom refused to medicate, having to deal with five bipolar relatives for fifteen years, plus ten years of dealing with a bipolar neighbor slash renter that refuses to medicate except with weed. Pretty ******* well versed with this situation, thanks.

Talking from living with two bipolar people full time for 20 years, one of whom was unmedicated, five unmedicated bipolar people that refused to medicate that barges in and out of the house with every cycle for fifteen years, and ten years of dealing with a bipolar renter-slash-neighbor who self medicated with marijuana. Pretty ******* well versed with bipolar people at this point, enough to know it's a valid concern after the unmedicated bipolar person I lived with beat the hell out of me on three separate occasions because he was manic.

Talk to the landlord. If he's no help, move - this can't turn out well.

Because everyone can break their lease, thus giving up their deposit, and move without a care in the world

Some people own houses too. Not as easy to just up and move.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

First off- putting someone in a position where they have no choice but to be exposed to a drug in a way that means it can get into their system, is not okay. Again, non-consensual drug exposure is NOT okay. Second off- considering that OP could show as positive on a drug test from repeated exposure and LOSE THEIR JOB, they aren't being "a pussy." They are being responsible, as well as rationally upset that their neighbor is making them choose between courting hypothermia and drug exposure. In other words, they are using their brain, the organ that seems to be non-functional for you.

Isa_fml 20

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Maybe don't assume that he's assuming, he could know it for a fact. Why are there so many Internet justice seekers just looking for something to complain about?

Talis99 26

Crude and rude--mistaken beliefs that they're some sort of white knight to the oppressed.

Years ago I had an upstairs neighbor who chain smoked when home from work and weekends were a nightmare. I ended up taking downey fabric softener sheets and using a glue gun to glue the sheets over my vents that expelled air. Whenever I ran the heat or air after the modification, it smelled like fabric softener. Maybe give that shot.

JocelynKaulitz 28

Must not be por they're smoking if they're being bipolar and antisocial.

I think that's something to bring up to your landlord

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Also, free losing their job for smelling like drugs and testing postive for something that isn't their fault. But, free drugs are completely worth losing your job and probably home, right? Some people also have respiratory problems that could make that very dangerous.