By Anonymous - 21/08/2015 16:07 - United States - San Leandro

Today, after months of taking care of my grandma after a surgery, the doctors gave her a clean bill of health and I finally got to sleep in my own bed. She passed away while I was at home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 064
You deserved it 1 798

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My condolences, OP. She passed away well cared for and loved.

Don't blame yourself, you were there for her when she needed someone and she passed away knowing she was loved and cared for.

Comments

Sorry to hear that OP, at least she's in a better place now though

Relf 19

First fml ive seen with no YDI's

I'm so sorry for your loss... My gramps (who taught me a good portion of my immoral and colorful vocabulary and was not a religious man) always used to say, "when the man upstairs turns the page in that book and comes to your name, it's just your time to go and no one can stop it or change it." So even if you were there, you couldn't have changed it. It was just her time. She was well loved and cared for... She knew that. I hope that can bring you some peace during this time.

shmoooopie 29

You almost made me cry, definitely choked me up a little. I hope op reads your comment. Wise words from your gramps.

Awwh this brought a tear to my eye. Your grandpa sounds like he was a great man.

corky1992 33

That's probably one of the best quotes I've ever heard.

Thank you all for your kind words! Gramps certainly was a one of a kind man. He had some wise words and great advice, but was never too far away from looking over at any of us grandkids (he had a nickname for each of us) and saying, "Hey Pebbles (my nickname) pull my finger!" I learned later in life, after he passed, that he reserved his best cuss words and jokes for just the boys. I was the youngest and only granddaughter. Apparently, "Does your dick touch your asshole?" Was a common response when the grandsons asked him for anything! lmao!

And if you don't know the "does your dick touch your asshole?" Joke, Google it now!! ??

I'm so sorry about your loss! I know how you feel, I lost mine last month after she battled heart issues. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family

I'm so sorry for ur loss. my condolences.

countryb_cth 38

My condolences OP. At least she passed away loved and cared for. My grandma passed away suddenly like that too. Except it was my grandpa who got the clean bill of health and got out of the hospital and then she went in.

I'm not gonna joke or anything, that really sucks. Sorry.

What I can tell you is that your Grandma knew that she was loved when she went. many families who have ill parents/grandparents just dump them on a nursing home. you didn't. Also it wasn't your fault, no one could have predicted what happened.

andrewduncan 16

Send my condolences, at least you did the best you could ??

Im so sorry Op. May your grandma R.I.P. Heaven has gained a special angel