By Anonymous - 26/03/2015 10:16

Today, after days of looking for it, I finally found the ring my boyfriend gave to me. It was on my roommate's finger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 662
You deserved it 2 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

uglyheadedbitch 20

If they're stealing your stuff, either kick them out or move out, simple as that. FYL

Careful, first it's the ring she steals. Next, it'll be your boyfriend. Presuming, of course, she hasn't already done that and you just don't know it yet.

Comments

Warm it up and let it loosen. Then, insert his dick into it. When it cools off it'll shrink and then BAM! His dick is trapped.

While I'm sure this would be a fine revenge if the boyfriend had done anything wrong, it's the OP's presumably female roommate who has stolen her ring. The boyfriend is innocent.

YourOpinionSucks 22

Your roommate is a moron. There's no way she could have thought she would get away with it, especially while wearing it around you. I'd tell her straight up not to touch your shit anymore, and to give you your ring back, or else there's going to be trouble. And if she refuses, take her stupid bitch ass to court. I'm sure a ring like that (assuming it's not one you get out of a quarter machine or something equally stupid) then your boyfriend should have some sort of proof that he bought it, therefore she is ******.

netflixislife 15

I'd move and find a new roommate who understands the rules of personal property.

ChloeMeyers_Xo 16

Ohhh snapp!! Haha this needs a follow up pleaseeee!!

Hi :) OP here. I'm not really sure why she took it because I couldn't really get a straight answer out of her when I asked but I did get my ring back. To the guy who mentioned having a proof of purchase, my boyfriend made it so there isn't one. And she isn't trying to steal my boyfriend (she's only met him once and very briefly). Unfortunately I can't move or kick her out because we're sharing a university dorm room so there isn't exactly anywhere i can go :(

That is so weird--glad the boyfriend didn't regift it to her.

PANDORUM89 21

I'd lock it up like someone else said and mention something along the lines of you feel violated and you should be able to trust your roommate. maybe it will guilt her in to not touching your things. because now every time something goes bye bye you'll think of her.

Is it possible to invest in a small safe that way your valuables are kept only where you can access?

Is it possible she knew you were looking for it and picked it up to give it to you later, putting it on so she wouldn't lose it, and forgot? That's the only innocent explanation I can think of.

That's really strange. What a shame to have a roommate like her :(

41- then she would have said that when OP asked her about it, instead of evading the question. If you are unable or unwilling to give someone a straight answer about something you've done then there is no innocent explanation. And OP- have you tried talking to the people in charge of housing at your school? I'm sure if you tell them your roommate is stealing your stuff and you don't feel comfortable there, they'll help you find you a new roommate or something.

She's been a pretty good roommate aside from the whole ring thing, so this time I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. I believe in second chances but I don't believe in thirds.

ydi if you lost it but fyl if they stole it