By Anonymous - 29/07/2012 20:34 - United States - Johnston

Today, after a busy afternoon taking care of the kids, I was feeling really down about only being a mom these days, and I was hoping my husband would make me feel better when he got off work. In the middle of cuddling, he called me "mom." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 806
You deserved it 4 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You got kids and a husband who likes to cuddle and has a job. Some people will go looking for reasons to be depressed.

Dont worry that's definitely normal

Comments

perdix 29

Hopefully, that means he thinks you're a MILF. Give him some Oreos and let him suck your boobies.

There's nothing "only" about being a mom.

What exactly did you expect him to do? Give you a paycheck for being a stay-at-home mom? Write you a letter of commendation? Being a stay-at-home mom is a thankless job, but don't ever think of it as being "only" a mom. "Mother" is one of the most difficult job titles there is. However, it's also arguably the most important.

But many women work AND do their duties as a mom

I think the point was, she wanted a break from being a mom and wanted some alone time to be a wife to her husband instead. ***Being a "wife" is important too.(:

I don't think I've ever been more in awe of one of your comments, Doc. A lot have made me laugh but this made me think "Wow, that's deep," like one of those '60's hippies who were high on ecstasy.

ant1ion 12

34 Yeah and they hire a babysitter to watch their child or something of the sort

It's normal to be exhausted from parenting! It's not easy! Keep your head up and enjoy a glass of wine when the kids go to bed!

MonsterCommenter 4

Being a mom is a full-time job. Dont worry about it. :)

The older they get the more manageable they'll get:)

I hope things go better for you. If not, see a doctor because it could be postpartum depression. :( take some time for yourself!

If he called you "mom" past the cuddling stage, I'd be worried. :P Being called "mom" is a term of endearment to some. Ex: I've also heard many hispanic parents calling "their kids" mamá and papá. It's a culture thing, I guess. I'm sure if he knew it was a turn off, he'd stop.

KiiwiiRox 6

Being a mom is hard. But think about what good comes out of it. You are: a taxi driver, fashion designer, hair stylist, nurse, preacher, teacher, judge & jury, chef, maid, personal assistant, therapist, body guard... But dad could of been a little sensitive to the subject.

If you talked to him about it I'm sure he would have tried to help.

When I first skimmed the comments to this, I coulda sworn that YOU were OP. Now OP's username has been changed to 'Anonymous' instead of 'lostinlabels.' What have you done with the real OP?!

It says you're the OP. Did your wife write this under your account or something?