By Anonymous - 30/12/2017 15:00

Today, after 4 years of college to get a BA in Marketing and 2 years to get an MBA, I landed a great job as a receptionist. My boss likes to fist bump when I buzz him through the security door correctly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 195
You deserved it 816

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, I started a new job with an established company, and even though I have two different pieces of paper from two different colleges, I still had to start in a beginner's position like almost everyone else. And, now my boss wants to connect with me to have some type of rapport, which surely wouldn't be forgotten when it comes time for a possible promotion, and his way of doing this is by fist bumping when I successfully complete a task. I'm just so above all of this though because I went to college. FML. That's you, that's what you sound like.

Really lost on this one. This doesn’t sound bad. Is it because you’re in a security position when you wanted to be in a marketing one? Because you could potentially move up from here, keep your hopes up OP and enjoy the chill boss.

Comments

You want to start as a boss? Start your own company. Otherwise, you start at the bottom and work your way up like the rest of us.

Life must be pretty good if you consider that fml worthy.

There’s a wrong way to buzz someone through a security door?

you're complaining because you have a job? and your boss sounds enthusiastic, which is a good thing. stop bitching and be more appreciative of what you have.

when I do things correctly I don't get yelled at. at least you get a positive reaction

People need to be humble. Just because you have two degrees does not mean you get to go to the top position. You start at the bottom like everyone else. As long as you are working towards your ultimate goals. Think of it as experience that will serves you in the long run. I have a masters degree in social work, when I first finished college I got a job working as a 911 call taker. I did not think that was beneath me, I saw it as an opportunity to help people which is what my degree is all about.

ShouldBeWorkingToday 4

i wish my boss would fist bump me when they came in