By disciplinaryaction - 21/11/2011 07:02 - United States

Today, a woman and her daughter came into the store I work at. The girl placed a pair of underpants on the counter, and confessed she had stolen them earlier. Assuming she had already heard a lecture, I simply thanked her for bringing them back. Her mom yelled at me for not yelling at her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 750
You deserved it 3 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are not her mom, that's her job to yell at her not yours.

kismentia 10

It's not your job to parent a strange child.

Comments

Panties are actually one of our most stolen items where I work. It's small and easy to conceal so a lot of people will just take one and stuff in their purse/pocket. We've caught someone that had like 4-5 panties hanging out.

drawmesunshine 17

"Once I stole a pair of red underwear from the deparent store. My mom wouldn't buy them for me--she said they were Satan's panties!"

The underpants gnomes. Step 1 - steal underpants. Step 2 - ????? Step 3 - profit!

XXXsceneXXXkidzX 5

43-Exactly what i thought of when i read this FML

hahaha!I love those gnomes and their master plan! steal underpants, then somehow take over the world. lol

You should've yelled at the mom for doing such a lousy job in raising her kid to steal in the first place. You would've yelled at the kid, you would've been writing a FML about how you got fired for yelling at a customer after yelling at the kid who returned stolen wear after which the mom started yelling at you for yelling at her kid. This was a lose-lose situation. FYL...

To be fair, a kid stealing something once isn't necessarily a failure of the parent. If the parent catches it and makes the kid go back to return it, that's a good response. A lot of kids go through this once or twice and then figure out that stealing is something they shouldn't do. Any yelling or discipline is strictly the responsibility of the parent and should be at their discretion, though. There's no reason to involve a stranger in that.

I work in retail and if someone had returned an item that he/she stole, I would have gave them a stern lecture but thanked them for the change of heart. Not only is it unprofessional to yell at people, but it makes a scene and gets you in trouble with management. The mother was a total bitch for bitching you out like that, when it's her job to discipline her child. I hate retail sometimes. FOL (**** our lives)

You should've yelled at the mom for yelling at you for not yelling at her! •£_•

perdix 29

Sorry, I passed out there for a minute. My brain is suffering from a sudden loss of blood. I just started thinking of the hot girl-on-girl-on-MILF, bondage & discipline action that should ensue after this scene took place. First, the saleswoman examines the underwear, sniffs it in deeply and ... *thud*

perdix 29

A pig who knows the difference between "your" and "you're." What's your excuse, are you a cow? Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Oink! ;)

bizarre_ftw 21

Though that last bit is disgusting (sorry, I know some people like that but really, no. Yuk. Stop) I can see where you got this idea from given the op's name......

Thanks, Cap't Obvious. Maybe he got the story from the FML itself?

bizarre_ftw 21

93 - better than captain blood-loss

That suckssss. You know what else sucks? Finals. I just took my French one.

. . .I'm in French 1, perdix. I have no cluewehat that means. XD

No one wants to hear about your finals...

ninjuh_wingman 29

I dont think you're allowed to yell at customers anyway. So either you yell at her and probably get in trouble or you dont and get yelled at by someone who you'll probably never see again. You made the better choice.

You should have yelled at her mom after she said that

Did you yell back? I do see where she's coming from. No parent wants his / her child growing up a delinquent. However, not your job to discipline HER child!

Snafuusmc 12

Moms fault not yours keep up the good work!