By Anonymous - 13/05/2015 03:19 - United States - Seattle

Today, a while after finishing and uploading a task, I looked at my peers' work to make sure I hadn't missed anything in mine. One of them had gotten the same idea and had decided to incorporate part of my work into his. "Part" as in "all". "All" as in all of his work is also all of mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 417
You deserved it 2 515

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you were the first uploaded, you can say he copied your work. hope you are not getting in trouble OP.

Steffi3 40

You should report them for plagiarism before you get in trouble for it

Comments

Ugh partner work. I'm sorry OP. Maybe talk to them about it, or run it past the person who told you to do the assignment?

Just say they copied you, that is nothing but plagiarism. But say it first before he tries to flip it on you.

go report the plagiarism, it's not fair that he'll probably get the good results when he didn't put in any effort at all and maybe cause you a lot of trouble. it's just not right and you don't have to feel bad about reporting him at all, you're just helping other people. if he can do it once, he can do it again.

MattStro 23

Hey at least you turned it in first, but still report it before an my suspicion is placed on you!

Isn't the point of an open invite to allow anyone to go?

Report him. If you say something before you hand it in, they most likely won't punish you.

nitrog100 21

Hopefully there's a record of when you submitted your work. That way there'll be proof that your coworker copied yours.

Why would you be checking your peers work to make sure you didn't forget anything /after/ you'd already uploaded it? It's a little too late then, OP. You're an idiot, but not an idiot who deserves to be plagiarized.

fashionbug9880 22

Possibly just for clarification that they understood the assignment correctly, not so that they could change it or use other people's ideas.