By foreveryoung - 30/04/2016 16:23 - France

Today, a weird guy approached me and started asking me many questions. I didn't know how to get out of this situation, so I suddenly ran away shouting, "Stranger danger! " I'm 21. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 918
You deserved it 3 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Haha, this was actually pretty funny. I bet he must've been baffled, for a while. Plus, it worked, so thumbs up to you, OP! :)

Shadowvoid 33

I don't know what was stranger, your reaction or the stranger.

Comments

Why not yell rape and really **** up this dudes reputation. Silly lil ****

Literally can't imagine a better reaction to this situation

Without knowing exactly what it was that was creeping out OP - That has to be about the most inappropriate and immature response to that situation I can think of. OP are you still a child in a woman's body? Did you react this way because you had a habit of overusing that response as a child? OP did not say she felt physically threatened, just that the stranger was asking too many questions. While there might have been some suggested element of implied stalking in the line of questions; it might have also just been a bored but friendly attempt at conversation by the person. It is always OK to just say no and walk away if you feel uncomfortable without giving an explanation - That's what real adults do. And there is never a need to have to give an explanation of why. (I always use that with sales people when I' not interested, you just say no and give no reason so they gave no opening to follow up on.)

I plotted out a lengthy explanation in my head, but just before I started typing, I saw that you're listed as male. To judge by that and the intent of your comment, you don't get it and never will.

And when "real adults" that are women say "No" and walk away, entitled men who feel like she denied them what was rightfully theirs are likely to get violent and put HER in the hospital. Not saying the OP was right, but I can safely say that you, 25, are wrong.

Ah yes, it's so easy to "just say no" when some dude is persistently trying to talk to you, especially if he makes you feel threatened. I personally wouldn't have reacted that way but I can't condemn someone for reacting strangely when they feel threatened or scared or creeped out. All these dudes saying "just say no" have no idea what it's like, saying no often ends in abuse/name calling/assault. Yes, even in public.

hannah_dl 11

Sorry you have to deal with these dumb replies 25. Like you can see, some people love massively exaggerating and making things all about "men are dumb and violent and we're always victims." But some of us are mature grownups and we know how to act like adults.

I like how the one part of your comment that was in quotes was also the only part that you completely made up, #32. The previous comments lightly touch on assailant gender and seem more focused on entitlement and how difficult it /can/ be to avoid harassment. Misrepresenting their points does just as much a disservice as the misandry and victim complex you've falsely ascribed to other commenters.

hannah_dl 11

No way, maybe you need to read it again. The part in quotes was to sum up their attitude. "And when "real adults" that are women say "No" and walk away, entitled men who feel like she denied them what was rightfully theirs are likely to get violent and put HER in the hospital." "All these dudes saying "just say no" have no idea what it's like, saying no often ends in abuse/name calling/assault. Yes, even in public." Incredibly patronizing, exaggerated so it seems like women live in constant fear of being verbally or physically assaulted if they turn a man down. I'm sick of women giving other women a bad name. And this isn't even all about their stupid generalizations of men. We aren't fragile and weak little creatures. Stop it.

I know, your summary of their attitudes completely exaggerated them. Simply talking about the likelihood of assault isn't the same thing as making all women out to be "fragile and weak little creatures." Strong people can be hurt, too. Plenty of strong people I know have been. If you think acknowledging potential assault is the same thing as making all women out to be weak, that's your issue.

it's rad you're super tough and awesome #35, but lots of people DO get intimidated and assaulted by others in public. Sorry but that's a fact, whether you accept it or not. It doesn't make anyone weak for acknowledging it or falling prey to it. And yeah yeah it's FML I'm sure people will think I need to lighten up or whatever but id rather say my piece cause maybe some scared kid is reading the BS which is saying they're weak and fragile for being scared/intimidated. I was that kid and **** that. Peace! ✌?️

We know it's 'not all men', but there are enough dangerous guys out there that we women are always on edge, that the alleged nice guy is going to end up calling us dumb slurs and threatening rape for being turned down gently.

hannah_dl 11

Lol, I never said "not all men". What a really weird reply.... I'll drop this but first I have to say, you seem to be buying into a really unhealthily paranoid view of the world. Either that or you live in a really ****** up area. Both of those are sad.

Funny, I'm pretty sure I was very specific about "entitled men who feel like she denied them what was rightfully theirs". Apparently, talking about a very specific subset of men is generalizing? LOL. Stop being so oversensitive, 44.

Or I'm a woman who has dealt with guys staring at me sexually since I hit puberty. Maybe I'm a woman who was told not to wear tight fitting clothes instead of guys being told to control themselves. Maybe I'm a woman in a world where sexual assault happens every day, and the rapists are always ignored. Yeah, maybe I'm overreacting, or maybe I'm seeing the world through a woman's eyes.

OP wrote an FML because she realised how silly her reaction was. No need for an uncalled lecture. You sound more pompous than mature to me.

lmfao, I would have done the same thing, or slowly walk away

Love the tactics op. That's hilarious.

Childish for 21, do you realize crying wolf could have caused that man to have his ass beat by many.... Shameful

Since you apparently can't speak to people, I'm surprised you didn't run away screaming the "R" word for good measure......YDI. People can't help their appearance, even if you think they are creepy. It also depends on what KIND of questions he was asking. Not every male is out to wreck your womanhood, rob you, or beat you. Try diffusing the situation calmly next time to assess intention. We live in a world where the media constantly reports on nearly only fear mongering crap to keep the fear up and now as a human race, we are too afraid to even answer questions. We are social creatures fyi...people want to break nature.