By GTA_VI - 01/12/2016 01:02

Today, a week after dropping my car off for the third time in a month at the dealership because of an unresolved issue, the dealership mistakenly reported the rental vehicle I'm using in the meantime as stolen. The police surrounded my work as I was meeting with a potential client. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 262
You deserved it 566

GTA_VI tells us more.

OP here. I had to stay where I was while the police talked to the dealership to get it sorted out. Once they realized I had the keys and the paperwork, they let me go. The dealership said this has never happened before and they're going to make it right by fixing my car for free as well as detailing and oil change.

Top comments

Oh wow, that sucks! But 3 times in month? I would be taking my car else where to get fixed. Hopefully you had no problem resolving this issue though and hopefully you'll get your car fixed soon. Good luck OP!

Plot twist: it was a meeting with a potential distributor of OP's crime-based augmented reality game, and the client signed them immediately after the demo.

Comments

My mother was screwed over by her dealership to the point that the engine they were supposed to repair threw a rod. Made a big hole in the engine block too. She finally wrote to the corporate office with a complaint. The dealership was forced to replace the engine as well as fix everything else that was wrong with the car. You should do the same before it gets worse.

That's alot of mistakes... too many to be honest.

In our litigious society you could have a free car for that...just sayin'

time to call District management I hope you got some kind of satisfaction from the dealership

The police surrounded your work just for a stolen vehicle? That sounds a bit over the top.