By bluevix - 11/10/2014 01:25 - United States - Stafford

Spicy
Today, a nurse asked my relationship status. I answered, "Married". She then asked if there was any possibility of me being pregnant. I hardly contained my snort, before responding, "No, you have to have sex for that." I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that it's true or her laughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 869
You deserved it 6 548

bluevix tells us more.

Thank you, we're working on it together. It isn't an easy process as it is difficult not to take his disinterest personal, and I have taken it personal (especially early on)... but when you are compatible with your spouse in as many ways as we are. Whilst I may enjoy the idea of sexual intimacy more than him, at least I have someone who loves me as much as I do them. We have plenty of activities we enjoy, but he is more of the asexual type that enjoys a good cuddle versus sex. Which I have learned to enjoy more as we continue on in our marriage.

Top comments

Comments

kev1029 22
pwnman 33

That is irony. Irony is defined as something opposite to what you expect.

At least your not cheating. Now it's time to spice up the physical relationship.

if you don't have it with your husband..for what you want to save it for?

Said nothing about saving anything just that there wasn't a physical side to the relationship right now.

Any chance your husband is or could be asexual or gray-asexual?

I believe he is asexual, which is fine, we've had plenty of discussions. I just found this particular knee-jerk response to a nurse... slightly comical. When you grow up with the expectation men want it "all the time" it can be a kick in the gut to marry a man who doesn't seem to care one way or another. I'm a far more sexual person than he is, but I love him dearly.

It could be a hormonal problem. If your husband's testosterone levels are low, that would lower his sex drive. You might want to look into hormonal therapy for him, if you haven't already. I think it's admirable and inspiring that you are loyal in your love to your husband despite his lack of interest in sex, but you have needs too, and it's not fair to you to overlook them. I hope I haven't spoken out of my place and that I've been helpful.

im just worried that while it may be working right now, that it may cause bitterness between the two of them, as op wants sex and her husband doesnt. :/

acerredrum 23

A Grey-Asexual is someone who generally does not experience any sexual attraction but on rare occasions will.

op... try finding out why your husband isn't physically active. I remember reading an article stating that men think of sex for almost 5 hours in a day. I really don't know how far that is true. Try talking it out. Hope you guys get a solution to this....

ostfaiz 18
astinus 1

No we don't. A 2011 Ohio State University study found that men think about sex 19 times a day, with food coming in at 18, and sleep 11 times on average.

ostfaiz 18

sorry OP, r u from NOMENS LAND!