By butterball - 18/07/2012 14:41 - Israel - Palmahim

Today, a male co-worker asked me in what shape I shave my pubic hair. Jokingly, I replied that I have a very nicely trimmed dodecahedron. Now he's telling everyone at work that I have a venereal disease. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 142
You deserved it 6 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anyone brave enough to attempt to shave a dodecahedron in their pubic hair? You could become a pubic legend OP!

Comments

It's none of his business! It really sucks that he's telling everyone though, rumors tend to take a long time to disappear

DarkDaedalus009 8

Get him fired for sexual harassment, OP

lelo007 11

Oh no! Then she would admit, even if it isn't true, to sleeping with a creep! That just makes it worse for her.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You are evil. I hope he broke your heart.

Wow, that's seriously a bitch move. Most definitely different then this situation seeing as he was violated by a ******* dog. I agree with above comment, I hope he broke your heart.

#28 yes agreed i'm awful but youre missing the point, ops situation isnt so bad in comparison to my exs.

You're missing the whole point! The co-worker asked OP a personal NSFW question and blabbed about the misinterpreted answer while your ex was, like #35 said, violated by a dog while his bitch of a girlfriend (you) willingly told everyone at work. Geez, you're seriously a bitch. I'm glad he left you.

#48 ok yes once again i am agreeing it was an awful thing to do, i accept that i'm not the best person on earth, i do not claim to be. -:-just tryin to make the op feel better about her shit-:- & as far as defendind myself to you; there's no need bacause i'm secure in my awful skin & i know that i earned every bad thing that has ever happened to me. YDI to me. now quit chewin my ass & go bash someone who'll actually be insulted.

Keliosan 6

64- I don't think you're a bitch. To be honest I feel sorry for you. The twisted sense of pride you get out of your pseudo accountability for your actions is just pathetic. P.S. Secure people don't have to tell everyone how secure they are, and that counts as defending yourself.

#138 ok i get it. post a coment - get ragged on. this is a real fun site. :)

And now you've told a bunch of strangers online...and still think that because bad things have happened to you then it justifies stupid shit you do. No, you're just deluding yourself.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

maybe the dog should've dominated YOU and see how YOU like it.

I love it! You rock! I would have told everyone too. These other idiots just won't admit that they would tell. But that's too funny to hide!

Amajean 7

Report to HR. It's sexual harrasment

How the **** is this sexual harassment? Strange? Yes. Personal? Definitely. But One, OP willingly answered the question. Two, nowhere in the FML does it state that this gone on more than once. Three, he has not made any advances on her as far as the story goes. You're probably the kind of person that would report sexual harassment if a guy winked at you.

I agree with you, 24. Except for that last part. Lol Women/whomever need to know that the HR managers are there for everyone's protection but it can't be one sided. The OP can't answer that guy's question jokingly and then say she was sexually harassed because she doesn't like the end result.

BreeannHatesYou 4

Him spreading rumors about venereal diseases is sexual harassment. In fact, the question was sexual harassment. Anything sexual in the workplace is sexual harassment. "Women" make it a big deal BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE CREEPY COMMENTS IN THE WORKPLACE. Work is not a place for hitting on people or making people uncomfortable.

65-That's perfectly understandable. But like I already said, the coworker is guilty of being a douche and spreading rumors, not sexually harassing somebody. If somebody spread a rumor saying I had an STD, they would be guilty of slander, not sexual harassment. If I even tried to file for sexual harassment, my boss would probably call me stupid, because even if it made me uncomfortable, there was nothing that would create grounds to report for sexual harassment. Solely based off of the information given in the FML, there would be no grounds to report sexual harassment, especially if this is an isolated incident. It's obvious the majority agree with you more than Enslaved and I, so I'll just leave it at that. Just wanted to add my bit.

Maninthemachine, you clearly don't understand what sexual harassment is. Haven't you ever had a job where they briefed you on the subject? It is NOT limited to unwelcome advances or sexual touching. Nor does the definition have anything whatsoever to do with the frequency of the occurrence. Sexual harassment is anything of a sexual nature that makes the workplace a hostile environment for the victim. Since the asshole was telling people that OP has a SEXUALLY transmitted disease, and that fact is upsetting to OP, then this incident OBVIOUSLY falls under the definition of sexual harassment.

102: Like you said, "of a sexual nature'. I just don't feel spreading a rumor would be of 'sexual nature' even if the topic of the rumor was a sexually transmitted a disease. The guy is definitely an asshole no matter which way you slice it, but I just feel it doesn't fall under the category of sexual harassment. That's just my opinion. I can understand why you feel it is, I just don't agree.

Please explain why you feel that spreading a rumor that someone acquired a disease through sexual intercourse is not sexual in nature.

crammer1 6

Telling everyone in the office that she has a venereal disease is definitely sexual harassment, or hostile environment. Whichever you prefer.

I assume he's 'that guy' at work? Just explain what happened, and I'm sure everyone will understand. Although you might still get weird side-glances for having conversations about pube trimming.

You are very optimistic. It's extremely difficult to reverse a rumor once it's started. If she were to tell people the truth, chances are many of them would simply say, "Oh she's lying because she's embarrassed about it."

Or they'd start to wonder how the guy originally came to the conclusion she had one...

TheDrifter 23

Dodecahedron is so last year. I'm onto 3D shape and dye replicas of famous landmarks.

unknown_user5566 26

Totally, Drifter. Currently, I'm diggin' the Eiffel Tower. ;)

klovemachine 24
bargarlm 2

Why was he asking that in the first place O_o

Playful1985 9

It's sexual harassment because the question he asked (whether OP answered it or not) created an uncomfortable work environment and furthermore he made public accusations about her sexuality w/o her consent. Now she is stigmatized at work. I think she should definitely go to HR. It's also a good lesson for OP: be a lady; even when joking, keep your nether regions & sexuality to yourself in professional settings. The minute sexuality is brought up, a woman's professional credibility goes down. It's bullshit, but that's the society we live in.

I see your point, but I just think he's guilty of being a douchebag, not sexually harassing her.

It does qualify as sexual harassment. It's up to the OP if she wants to pursue it or not.

34, Actually it sounds like it became uncomfortable after the fact. I still think it's a form of sexual harassment that he is spreading the rumour, but asking the question is not sexual harassment until someone takes an issue with it. She apparently didn't, and therefore despite being sexual in nature, it does not fall under sexual harassment law. Besides, this isn't the US or AU, it's in Israel, and unless you happen to be well versed in their sexual harassment laws your entire comment is speculatory.

Well, it's not that far from the truth. Sexual harassment can be anything a person does or says of sexual nature that makes the other person feel uncomfortable. Although in this case, OP is indeed uncomfortable after the fact... Sexual harassment is a serious business and it's quite possible that the other person wasn't doing it to hurt OP or make her uncomfortable.