By Anonymous - 14/09/2011 15:47 - United States

Today, a lady came into my workplace to pay her $120 bill in one dollar bills. I kept losing count. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 826
You deserved it 12 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have heard if you put them into piles of ten notes you should be right..

Comments

Rick_S 3

Count to ten. Put the stack down. Count to ten. Put the stack down across the other stack. Repeat over and over, building up in a plus sign shape. +

You need to make some changes. And she should've banked you for being so patient. However, the cash isn't always greener on the other side.

megapeyt 17

Why would someone do that??? Inconsiderate!!!

Apparently, you can be arrested for paying your bills with pennies. So dollars are the next best thing.

Comment 21, and you're the first one to see that? Congratulate you for actually thinking about why someone would do that.:)

you should have put it into piles of ten, thats what my bank did when my mum went to deposit a large sum.

Egnar 19

This is why people at banks use stacks [in conjunction with their counting machines]. If you keep losing count just put the $1 bills into 6 $20 stacks. That way when you lose count you only need to count to 20 again. . .I thought this was common sense.

empyrean_fml 6

I work at a bank. They specifically told us in training not to use stacks--not a good idea to easily allow others to see exactly how much money is in front of you.

I'm sure first grade was very difficult for you. I'd be careful next time you tie your shoes - you may sprain your brain.

In a world of computers and credit cards, it's no surprise people forgot simple math skills.