By Badatlife - 23/06/2014 16:19 - Australia - Kellyville

Today, a guy at work pulled me aside to tell me that I probably shouldn't be working a job where I have to interact with customers, because of my autism. I don't have autism. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 886
You deserved it 4 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

stuner56 22

People need to think before they speak...

That is NOT something you just assume about people. I'm sorry. :(

Comments

That's rude whether you have autism or not, and it's not his place to tell anybody that.

Wrong person? Let's hope so... Autistic or not if you can do the job then there shouldn't be an issue

iShanny 13

Well he probably shouldn't be working that job either, because of his stupid.

You could use this to your advantage. He can't fire you because of it, so you can just flap your hands in his face and make funny noises when he starts irritating you. And tell him you're creating output to block his input.

Lol, I love that I'm being thumbed down for this comment. Pretty sure my autistic son does exactly this on purpose most days when I'm making him do stuff he doesn't want to do.

Annnnnnd based on that statement, I'm guessing you're not a nominee for the Mother of the Year award.

rocker_chick23 27

As someone with autism, I can say that the man is an idiot. I had jobs where I interacted with people and I did pretty well.

Same for me. I had a summer job working with the public during university, and they called me back every year because the people loved me, even though I'm autistic.

That's plain ignorance and not to mention annoyingly rude. He is the one who should not be allowed to interact with customers. He simply don't qualify to talk with people.

Aww, he was concerned about you. I'm glad you don't have autism.

You're glad? Is it bad to have autism?

ckcknight 13

No it's not bad if someone has it, but it's not something parents hope their children are born with.

RedPillSucks 31

He probably thinks that you're not good in social situations. But if he's not your boss, act like you have Tourettes and tell him to go **** himself.

Wow, that would be extremely rude whether you were autistic or not. Not to mention, as just some random guy at your work, he has no right to say that to you. Your boss found you good enough and hired you, so this guy can just suck it up.