By Rech - 12/05/2009 11:09 - United States

Today, a friend and I went to Gamestop to pick up a game he wanted. I ended up buying a 17+ game, and I was prepared to show my license, but he stopped me an said, "I know you're 18". He then said, "Man, I've pretty much watched you grow up in this store." A game salesman watched me grow up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 117
You deserved it 62 432

JRech tells us more.

JRech 0

OP here. It's a FML to me because, I'm not ashamed of being a gamer, I feel that it's just a pretty dorky situation. I totally was caught off guard when the site gave this entry the green light. I just thought it would be funny to share. A bit of background though, #155 is completely right, it's only been like 4 years.

Top comments

That's more of FHL. He's been working at a game store for all those years. Atleast you had an excuse, you liked playing video games. Not all kids are into going out and playing sports etc.

i don't gets whats bad about that... so the guy who works at the store knows you, it's a mark of a good salesperson

Comments

dont worry about it, its more F his life for working at a video game store for 10+years

dnr928 0

if you work at a Gamestop for long enough to watch someone grow up, that's messed up. But maybe OP now considers him/herself a loser for being in a Gamestop that much.

Is it a FML if I'm the kind of person to actually find this story touching?

that's hot. you must be an awesomely cool person

I worked at a gamestop for two years, even when I had a job with a different company. I liked working there because I knew the customers, and had a lot of fun with my coworkers. It isn't sad to work for gamestop for a long time if you have other options and do it because you enjoy it.

Whats wrong with that? Shit I play video games also, I don't think of it as a problem.

Stop spending so much time playing video games.

Haha nice! I've had that a few places i reguarly go to aswell, like game stores and clubs, i hardly need ID anymore (:

IDK what's wrong with that, it's a hobby you enjoy and a store you're a regular in. Seems nice to me.

How is this a FML? When I worked at Best Buy, I never ID'd anyone, I didn't give a rip. I was never told to either, so I didn't worry about it.