By maleficunt - 03/06/2014 20:44 - United Kingdom - Cannock

Today, a customer yelled at me so furiously that she sprayed my face with spittle. I had to stand there, smiling and politely explaining that I needed to see a receipt before I could give her a refund. When she finally gave up and left, my boss bitched me out for "provoking the customer". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 984
You deserved it 4 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Retail: basically the middle man to take everyone's abuse.

lil_miss_simran 15

Comments

Working retail is a love/hate relationship...without the love

This is exactly why I'm glad my "customers" are generally fast asleep and paralysed. They talk (and piss me off) much less that way.

Mine are in the process of dying, they listen to whatever will help them be more comfortable. It's the family members who haven't been involved in years, then suddenly show up and are horrified that the patient doesn't feel like eating or running around the block that I wish we could sedate into unconsciousness.

Mine are in various stages of dying, and are more than willing to do whatever is needed to stay comfortable. It's the family members who haven't been involved in years, who suddenly swoop in and are horrified that the patient has no appetite and doesn't feel like running around the block that I wish we could sedate into unconsciousness.

When my customers get out of line I just smile and say" please leave my store or I will have you arrested".: )

knippy 9

At my retail job we have to do a return even if they don't have the receipt and/or we suspect they stole the merchandise. We aren't even allowed to refuse.

I feel deeply sorry you had to deal with a disgusting customer. But you handled it well, at least you didn't deal with it immaturely like her.

I would have gotten in trouble for bitch slapping the customer.

No, you don't go off on a customer, that just gives them ammunition when they complain, and you don't have a leg to stand on. What you do is remain polite, say "Ma'am, your problem appears to require the services of a manager. If you'll just give me a moment, I'll get him." Then go tell the manager that there's a situation, lead him to the customer, let them have at it, and go about your business. That's why bosses make more money than the rest of us.

howlingwolf89 16

Sometimes the customer is an asshole!

tehdarkness 21

Love the name! If you're young, do yourself a favor and get out of customer service ASAP. It will slowly kill you.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Yeah, but it's better than not having a job at all. It's the only option for a lot of people.