By barista - 05/12/2010 17:36 - United States

Today, a customer tried to pay for a $1.55 cup of coffee with a gift card, but he came up a dollar short. He let another customer through while he fumbled in his pocket for money. I later noticed a dollar had disappeared from my tip jar. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 951
You deserved it 3 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wwerulez14 6

It's not an FML because it's a dollar people. It's an FML because some inconsiderate asshole was too lazy to pull out a dollar, and stole a dollar out of OP's tip jar. The fact that they would steal from someones earnings to pay for a $1.55 cup of coffee, is the FML.

FTC_Socialist 3

Comments

wwerulez14 6

It's not an FML because it's a dollar people. It's an FML because some inconsiderate asshole was too lazy to pull out a dollar, and stole a dollar out of OP's tip jar. The fact that they would steal from someones earnings to pay for a $1.55 cup of coffee, is the FML.

slushpup9696 12

I assumed he didn't have a dollar with him, and wouldn't be able to buy his coffee because of that. If that were the case, for the sake of holiday spirit and giving, I would have paid for him. I can spare 55 cents so a certain man has a good day. I mean come on, we're all trying to get by in this world, and we can help each other out as fellow humans. However, if he was too lazy to find a dollar, then that was just rude of him.

ScissorHanded 0

Tis the season, why don't you try for some generosity you loathesome prick?

If I was you, I wouldve just paid the whole thing. just to be nice and help somebody out( :

I disagree. If you're going to go out and buy a cup of coffee or whatever, it's your responsibility to make sure you have the right amount of money to pay for it, not the cashier's/waiter's/barista's.

sourgirl101 28

They weren't even "given" the opportunity to offer to pay for it.

If cashiers were even allowed to do that they would get poor pretty quick imo.

Can someone explain to me why a barista would need a tip jar? I'm not trying to be mean. I understand that waiters and waitresses need tips to make up for earning below minimum wage, but I thought that coffee shop baristas made at least minimum wage. Back to this FML, at first I was thinking, so what? It's just a dollar. But now I'm thinking whoever took the money out of the tip jar is just inconsiderate. They're not take a penny trays, they clearly have "Tips" written on the front.

Yeah, you take a dollar and and tell them "Watch the jar next time" It's a great tip. That's how they work... right?

you also said merry Christmas bitch for letting someone ahead of him for not having any patience to wait. you misses that part though.

you=he misses=missed. lack of sleep sorry.

Nothing says generosity like letting people steal from you.

Nothing says generosity like letting people steal from you.

you wrote an FML over a dollar? you need to get out more. that should be your FML.

wwerulez14 6

Read comment #13. Ignorance is bliss for some, others like myself, it's irritating.

And for me, it conjures up the opening theme of "Funky Cops". *dances out of the room to the tune of disco music*

Also, don't be a prick, 40. So what if he reiterated a previous statement. It happens all the time on FML. That tone should be reserved for child petiphiles whom play the saxophone down the street while naked and steal from the orphanage/cancer fund/make-a-wish/me/you/God/Keanu Reeves. (All at the same time, naturally) Yes, HOW DARE HE!!!

wwerulez14 6

Lol sorry if I was coming off as a prick, it's just that it happens too often that people misread the FML and then run around ranting and raving meanwhile they're entirely wrong. Very true. But shouldn't they be praised for being able to play a saxophone all while streaking?

sfv818danny 0

seriously.................! do you feel this is an FML! bitch when it's the whole jar filled with tips

Have you never been so low on money? Have some compassion! I imagine he was embarrassed! Silly to tip coffee places anyways. I don't get tips for doing my job! And ten to one nursing is much harder than making coffee!

I can also tell you for a fact that nurses make about 5-6 times what a Batista makes.

Draminicaus 0

51- Is Batista still wrestling? I haven't watched it in so long. ^_^

sazarath 4

Can't wait to see you pay for other people's coffee in line because you make enough money as a nurse. After all, having compassion apparently means helping assholes. :)