By RandomJam124 - 04/05/2016 21:33 - United States - Binghamton

Today, a boy kissed me for the first time. He then blocked me on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 184
You deserved it 1 692

IHateMyself124 tells us more.

IHateMyself124 23

Hello everyone, So to clear some things up: 1. I am a Freshman in college (18 years old). 2. I only added him on Facebook the night we kissed and he DID accept. 3. He was the first one to message me actually. He asked me to food that same night, but I was already in bed. Then he asked me to lunch the next day but I had already eaten, so I invited him to dinner with me and my friends instead but he declined. 4. Then (this is the first time I messaged him first) I took the initiative and asked him to grab a snack with me the next night, which was the most casual of the four food proposals thus far, and he blocked me on Facebook. 5. I'm not exactly sure why he blocked me. I did not stalk him. I did not message him a whole bunch of times. I did not make any statuses about the kiss. I'm not even going to be attending the same university as him next semester because I'm transferring out for my major. He knew that. 6. I do not think I was a bad kisser because he tried to meet up with me again the same night. The whole thing was just confusing. I think he maybe got nervous or scared or spoken to by some "well-meaning" friends or something. I just would have been less hurt had he simply unfriended me or ignored my message. My confidence definitely took a hit. 7. Despite the hurtfulness of his actions, I do not regret the kiss. It was a really nice kiss. And the actual story from the night of is pretty funny. Sorry for the long message! Hope that cleared some things up though!

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

OP got mad skills and he got scared. Poor thing.

The way I see it, he probably felt a little blown off the first two times he tried to meet up with you and then probably turned off at the idea of being with you, AND your friends when he was probably looking for a little alone time with you versus in a group. I could be wrong though, but either way, he could have just been honest about whatever he was thinking or feeling versus just blocking you out of the blue.

Comments

justcommenting19 19

OP got mad skills and he got scared. Poor thing.

Or maybe OP bit him. Did you, OP? *wink wink*

MasterTron 24

Since when did op become a Klingon?

TweetAnne 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Somehow generalizing all males isn't helping your argument.

I agree, #1. The first time I kissed a girl, she didn't have a Facebook account. It was pretty awkward setting one up with her so I could block it. Now I ask every prospective romantic partner if they have a Facebook account first. They usually say, "Of course! How else would you block me?" or "Of course! How else would we block each other?" This is just how gender works. There's nothing we can do about it.

They just kissed, it doesn't mean it has to go any farther and into a relationship. Also, what do you mean "he doesn't want that in his social media?" Like she's just going to post a pic of them kissing, or publicly post about the kiss?

I agree with #11. They only kissed. A relationship wasn't mentioned at any point. I think knowing OP's age might help clear up some of the confusion here.

IHateMyself124 23

I'm 18 years old. A freshman in college.

Don't worry about that op! Don't be tied up, and always look forward to positive horizons!

hoosiergirl94 31

Aww to be young and in love

I hate to say this, but he likely was never really into you and just kissed you for some random reason. Then he regretted it and either wanted to make it clear he didn't care for you at all or perhaps wanted to prevent his friends from finding out, so he blocked you. Sucks for you :( Even if he didn't want you to think the kiss meant anything special, he didn't have to be such a dick about it.

IHateMyself124 23

The kiss was not romantic, just nice. It did not mean he liked me or I liked him. We both knew that at the time. And I don't know any of his friends nor did I plan on telling them about it. I also don't think that he regretted it, because he did try to hang out with me afterwards.

A tsundere is a type of person in anime who is mean at first but slowly opens up and starts to be nice. Hence why they said it

I'd like to know when he blocked you relative to kissing you. Was it a few hours later, or did he take out his phone before kissing you, launch Facebook, go to your profile, place his finger just above the block option, kiss you, and press down immediately after?

I'm sorry OP. Some guys just do that without even giving an explanation. You'll find someone better.

Aw poor OP, I feel for you. Hope everything gets better