By sadbride - 26/10/2012 03:58 - Bahamas - Nassau

Today, 60 guests for my wedding were supposed to arrive to the Bahamas. The first and only hurricane of the season decided to crash my wedding, stranding my mom, maid of honor and best man. No one will be able to attend my wedding, except the other drunken hotel guests. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 254
You deserved it 3 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sucks :( at least your fiancé is there...

Gotta say, weddings are planned months in advance before these things can be foreseen.

Comments

These things happen. All you can do is try to find a way to make the most of a bad situation.

nisse_fml 9

Must suck a whole lot! On the other hand, thinking "Oh noes my wedding is ruined" when a friggin tornado which is likely to at least destroy homes of people arrives is sort of self centred.

Dude, hurricanes and tornadoes are completely different things :P

tne201992 12

Ummm OP was caught in a hurricane.

See OP, this is why you really shouldn't be practising for your Rain Dance classes in the tropical regions, it always ends in tears, believe me, I know :P

Sorry to hear, that really sucks. Maybe when you get back you could have a little celebration with the family just so they can be apart of it.

It's unknown to me how bad or how close that hurricane is, but if there was any conceivable chance that your mother and the rest of the guests are in any danger (bc, they are stranded), wouldn't you want to postpone the wedding anyway? since you didn't mention any casualties, im assuming no one is hurt, so be grateful for that at least.

lizzi02 13

I think when OP is saying "stranded" she means on the mainland. Otherwise they would be in the Bahamas with her.

You scheduled a wedding in the tropics at the tail end of hurricane season and want sympathy? The Problem with society is people pass blame onto anything and everyone but themselves.

I thought I was the only one who noticed it too. I live in Hawaii, and I know a lot of tourist come here during the winter thinking it'll be nice, warm, sunny, and most importantly.. DRY. Instead it's wet, humid, and rainy. Not exactly a good place to plan a huge event such as a wedding. And for those In need of me to elaborate why I mentioned Hawaii is because Hawaii and the Bahamas are seen as a 'paradise', and that both are seen as spectacular, dry, warm places. But not everyone realizes that they too endure uncomfortable weather.

Been through a hurricane... They can miss or hit within 24 hours notice, how you gonna plan a wedding around 24 hours... In reason what are the odds???

Also destination weddings are rather expensive for any of your guests. I say have the wedding in a nice place close to home and then go on an expensive honeymoon wherever you want.

And your going to go ahead with the wedding without them lol !!?

Every time you comment, you get thumbed down. Just stop and save whatever dignity you have left.

Mainland. Best idea. But there's the rest of yr life to go, so all up... Keep going it'll get better