This Australian Man Blew Up His Kitchen Trying to Kill Cockroaches
An aerosol can which used like a flamethrower to kill the roaches in your house is probably one of those ideas that's only good in theory. (Or, maybe not even then.) But that is exactly what one Australian man tried to do to take care of his roach problem. The ambitious 'experiment' led to a complely blown out kitchen and injuries to himself.
The man's 3 children were in the home in Queensland, Australia, aged 9, 11 and 17, but nobody else was seriously injured.
Photo: MediaWorks NZ Limited
The man was taken to the hostpital with abrasians on his head and hand from shrapnel caused by the explosion.
"Just looking at the house now is a shock. What I heard happened was the explosion caused the stove to fire up and it hit him in the chest. He is out of hospital now and I am going to go and see him,"the man's mother, Bernice, said.
"I am so thankful that nobody was seriously hurt."