The system is broke!

By ABD - 15/12/2017 01:30

Today, I found out that when I go on Medicare in January, one of my medicines will go from $45 per month to $3000 for the first month, then $425 per month for the rest of the year. I need this medicine to stay alive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 471
You deserved it 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

manb91uk 22

Who the **** voted YDI for this one?!

ohsnapword 21

Welcome to America. Only place in the world where it is cheaper to die from a disease than it is to seek treatment. Gotta love the for-profit medical system here.

Comments

feckarsedrink 9

YDI clearly you sign things without reading them, or its complete crap

and you clearly commented on something you do not understand.

You can still use private insurance, right?

Yeah Canada is so much better than the states in every way

There's an app you can download on your phone called GoodRx. It makes prescriptions cheaper, you just show the information on your phone to a pharmacist. It's technically for people who have no insurance, but it makes my medications cheaper than my insurance does! It might be worth a try for you to look into. You just enter the medication's name in the app, and it finds you prices at various pharmacies. I sound like an ad, but I swear this is real. I have lupus, I take a lot of medications. This app helps me so much.

ffc Squall 14

You do sound like an ad, but you're right. I use Good Rx for a few medications, one of which would cost me $600 normally, but with them I pay about $50 for the same amount.

Yep, I use the same thing if its not Antibiotics or Painkillers.

Honestly, it may be worth it to research taking a trip to another country and stocking up there.

I know how you feel, op. I'm on a medication that costs 2k. Though I'm curious as to what you have and what you were prescribed for it. Simply because if it's an infusion, there may not be a generic while of it's a pill there should be a few generics for it. It may also help figure out why it's so expensive with Medicaid.

Well, better make a bucket list!!!! And I'll see you in hell in like 50-60 years

Isn't Medicare supposed to do the exact opposite...?

boopingsnoot 24

When (at the time) U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's adult son was diagnosed with brain cancer, the medical bills were so extreme that Biden planned to sell his house to pay for it all. Obama himself stepped in with a personal loan instead. Meanwhile, poor parents can't take off work to take their kids to the doctor, because school lunch is the only meal for the day and the lost wages mean mom and dad can't afford to eat either.