The show must go on!

By Stuckwiththebill - 28/01/2018 01:30

Today, during my wedding ceremony, the groom-to-be found it appropriate to blurt out about an ongoing affair with my maid of honor. They got married instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 606
You deserved it 432

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you found out before you were married.

I am so sorry this happened. I am struggling to believe it is true because it is so horrific. and wouldn't the priest refuse/would your family stand by and watch? it sounds too much like a film. wouldn't she want her family at her wedding? would she have it spur of the moment like that? i certainly wouldn't be paying if I were you

Comments

MoPho88 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and call BS on this FML. For the following reasons: 1.) No self-respecting clergyman would allow substitutions. Even if it was a civil ceremony, I would think the person presiding over it wouldn't do that. And how much of the ceremony and reception was bought and paid for by the bride or her family? I'm sure the bride's family would have told the groom and replacement bride where to shove it. 2.) The marriage license itself doesn't allow for substitutions either, and the person presiding over it wouldn't allow it unless the license reflected the parties actually getting married. On the off-chance I'm wrong, then indeed, FYL. Otherwise, I am calling complete and utter nonsense on this FML.

I think everyone is missing the most important part: what about the wedding gifts? Does the new couple get to keep the gifts? Does the bride have to write thank-you notes? I’ll bet the maid of honor’s family was pretty pissed that they missed her wedding.

EmDizzle2007 28

trying to get that comment of the week spot.

Lobby_Bee 17

This can only happen in a tv show. Are you stuck in one?

Leviathene 34

Hmm. Its a rule that all FML's must start with Today and end with FML. So maybe.. During OP's wedding ceremony (possibly not actually today), the Groom left OP and then later married the ex Maid of Honor "today" aaaaand maybe I'm overthinking it. Please follow up OP.

There's also a character limit. But maybe it should have been better had she said "they're getting married instead." But good point.

bidet 8

Did she ask you to be her maid of honor?

He wasn’t for you it’s sad you found out last minute but at least you didn’t marry him

Did your minister marry them right there and then?

Look at the biright side. You missed a bullet, here. You were minutes away from being married to a person who would do that. Now, instead, they're married to someone who treats their friends that way. I know it's awful, but at least you're not married to _that guy_. And now you know that a back-stabber is going to be out of your life, too, I presume. Gotta say, this is one of the ones I hope the original poster is making up.

Chris_1163187222 15

Never read such rubbish in my life.. takes 3 days at least to get a marriage licence...