This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

That's what they all say before ending up in AA

By Anonymous - 30/06/2017 19:38

Today, I was getting ready for bed, brushing my teeth. When I spat out my toothpaste, I also vomited a bit of the tacos I'd had for dinner, so I brushed my teeth again. I'm completely sober. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 573
You deserved it 692

boopingsnoot tells us more.

boopingsnoot 24

Hey, I made an account to give some details. I have a mild form of EDS, so I get acid reflux and sleep apnea. But this occasion was weird: ate tacos at 6pm, snack and my meds 10pm, and was brushing my teeth at 11pm. With no trace of the cereal I'd just eaten. With no heartburn before or after. But yeah, my dad did season the bajeezus outta those tacos.

Top comments

Did you maybe push your toothbrush too far inside and maybe gag?

On the plus side, now you have room for another taco!

Comments

sunshine1421 14

On the plus side, now you have room for another taco!

Did you maybe push your toothbrush too far inside and maybe gag?

young_stud 14

I'm sure OP has a lot of experience with that particular sensation.

If this keeps happening, maybe you want to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for GERD. Reflux can cause serious health problems.

boopingsnoot 24

I've been seeing doctors about it, but this occasion was so sudden. Usually if I don't eat with my meds, the heartburn builds until I throw up. Taco night was more of a "wait, did that actually just happen" moment.

Don't feel bad, I can't eat Mexican food because it does the same thing to me. Maybe you just got a bad batch. Or, like someone said, you might have accidentally pushed your toothbrush too far into your mouth and triggered your gag reflex.

young_stud 14

People don't only vomit when they're drunk. Maybe there was something in tacos, but if you weren't sick before you vomited then maybe you just ate too much?

FYI, don't brush your teeth right after you vomit (or eat). Your stomach acid just severely damaged your enamel, and brushing damaged it further. Rinse your mouth with water.

Nice tip! Just water is enough? There's no suggested waiting time before brushing?

Am I the only one laughing his ass off because of the accidental title-poster combo?

readingrachel 9

Yeah I'm thinking food poisoning