Sue! SUE!

By homelessagain - 18/02/2017 06:00 - United States - Lorain

Today, I found out, through Facebook, that my landlord hadn't been paying the mortgage on the house I'm renting from him. It's going into foreclosure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 773
You deserved it 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jcash52426 5

Take that proof to court and they should make the landlord give it to you or pay it to your bank. If he doesn't then he will go to jail. Also make sure you have Proof that you gave your landlord money.

Speak to a financial advisor and see if you can talk to the mortgage company about taking it over.

Comments

Speak to a financial advisor and see if you can talk to the mortgage company about taking it over.

jcash52426 5

Take that proof to court and they should make the landlord give it to you or pay it to your bank. If he doesn't then he will go to jail. Also make sure you have Proof that you gave your landlord money.

So find another place. Did u pay a years in advance? The security deposit is your only worry. This happened to me. So I didn't pay the rent anymore for months. Nobody came after me

Hey guys! This is my FML! I would love to sue, but I was just paying month to month with no contract. And honestly, it's not worth it. He had three other properties that held business on them that also went into foreclosure, and they ARE suing the hell out of him. I'm just going to sit back and watch them destroy him. And it's not worth buying the house, it needs fixed up pretty badly.

OP has no "dog in the fight' between landlord & mortgage co. OP's only relationship is between him/her and the landlord. No court will make landlord pay OP, simply because mortgage isn't being paid. On the other hand, although OP is supposed to be paying rent, if he/she stops paying, the likelihood of successfully evicting by the time foreclosure occurs, could be very slim. If mortgage co takes title, OP will simply have new landlord. Then OP is in strong position to re-negotiate rent. Mortgage co prefers a tenant over an empty house.

Finally a comment that makes sense. Why would anybody think the landlord or bank owes the renter anything? OP got what he paid for. For every month he paid the rent, OP had a place to live for one month.

OP here. Yes, I got a place to live for a few months. Woo. Anyways, I do not want ANYTHING from the landlord, besides maybe being able to kick him in the balls. I am more pissed off that this guy is a complete asshole. He owned two houses and three businesses, all went into foreclosure. Why? Because he used the rent money to buy a new 2017 truck, a $20,000 stud horse, and a bunch of other misc. things. My roommate found out the house went to foreclosure when the bank showed up to take pictures. I found out after work when he started an argument with her on facebook saying she was a liar, that the house was not in foreclosure but he was kicking us out for not paying rent (which we did every month, on time).

tmarty 17

When my landlord did that, I offered the bank 3/4 of the appraised value for it. Both got away without legal costs, and a lot of time, and I got the house for about half of what it would have sold for on the market.

As a person who negotiates short sales as a profession, I can tell you that this is not illegal. Just really shady. I can't tell you how many homes have renters that are in foreclosure. Unfortunately, you pay him to live in the property, what he does with the money is his choice. The most you can do is try and get your security deposit back now that you know.

Hey OP I live in Ohio too. My school does a lot of stuff to help the homeless. Want any help just contact me

Manual_Manoosy 21