Such a Jerry thing to do...

By Jerry - 19/12/2017 15:00

Today, I woke up and realized I didn't start a fire last night. I live in Alaska and our winter nights can reach -30 below zero. My fish are dead, my plasma television won't turn on, and the cat has frostbite. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 588
You deserved it 3 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

exileonmainst 16

Why would you need to start the fire? It was always burning, since the world’s been turning.

Don't believe this one. - A house in Alaska with out central heating? - If it cooled that fast would all the pipes frozen be a bigger concern? - The house went well below freezing but it was not noticed during the night. Does this person sleep in an arctic rated sleeping bag? - Plasma TVs can be shipped at temperatures down to 0 or below. Did the house drop below that? - A house in Alaska would be well insulated. It would not drop over 40-60 degrees in 8 hours.

Comments

so that's how they make frozen fish sticks

If you're the kind of guy who kicks the cat out of the bedroom to get some undisturbed sleep, at least buy a Husky and have your 300-year-old shack properly insulated. I guess that's why you don't have running water and you still use an oil lamp to go to the outhouse.

thatslifeiguess7 16

I just fot back from alaska it was,at most 15 outside! My aunt has central heating the fireplace is for looks or when you first come in from outside. I was cold yes but not ftozen

You have a plasma television and no heating? hmmm....

thatslifeiguess7 16

thats what said where are the moderators who approved this

keble 9

Someone will probably use this as evidence against global warming

thatslifeiguess7 16

How did you not freeze? Have thr pipes burst yet

Are you new to Alaska? Seems like if your heating and insulation were bad enough for this to happen, making sure there's a fire going would be second nature. I had an old apartment with an unreliable sump pump, and making sure that was working when it rained became second nature to the whole family, despite rain being far less predictable then cold in Alaska and over 5 years we only flooded once very early on. This is either your first year Alaska, or you're lying...or possibly exaggerating.

Of course, -30 below zero would be... +30. How good or bad that would be would depend on whether you are using Celsius or Fahrenheit. Kelvin seems unlikely.

Vodka is a hell of a thing. For the rest of you, have you ever lived in a shitbox dry cabin? It makes you want to drink.

it gets to -30 and you forgot to make a fire? how could you forget to make a fire? ydi