This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

No Closure 4 U

By Anon - 10/01/2018 13:00 - United States

Today, after my wife confessed that she’d been having an affair for well over a year, I drove to the guy’s house to confront him. I waited outside for two hours before his neighbor asked me what I was doing. He moved to another state yesterday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 481
You deserved it 575

Top comments

Honestly, I'm incredibly sorry for the pain that you're going through. But why does the other guy matter at all? It's you wife who made a VOLUNTARY CHOICE to betray you? Who cares who he is, where he moved, whatever, he isn't the problem. I hope you find a resolution with in your relationship, one way or another, not with a random guy who also might have no idea you exist.

Apparently, that was something else she didn't tell you about. BTW, if you're smart, you either start marriage counseling or divorce proceedings.

Comments

And you’re not confronting your wife? Seems to me she might do it again

What does this title even mean, "No closure 4 [sic] U [sic],"... as if you can't end your relationship with a ***** without "confronting" (*) the other man/men who ****** your wife?? I would bet money that a woman wrote this headline, title, or whatever the **** it is called. *And, what the **** does "confronting" accomplish? Are you going to be the big bad alpha buck who slams his antlers into a smaller yearling to asset your dominance amonst the herd? Are you looking to be arrested, not for something substansial like a multimillion dollar diamond heist, but just for fighting over a *****?

Exactly. OP's wife should be the one being 'confronted', not the stranger who may or may not have even known the bitch was married. I'm honestly surprised this FML doesn't have more YDI votes

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

must be the reason she stopped...

Talk about patience....but didn’t a for sale sign on the house give anything away? Unless it’s not on the market yet...

Sounds to me like he skipped town just in time.

ACCOUNTKILLER 18

You don't need to confront the other person- the issue is with the person who made a decision to jeopardize your relationship and betray your trust. For all you know, she never told him about you or lied and said your relationship was ending. Confronting him will not control the situation or the choices your spouse makes. Closure is something you do by yourself as you process the hurt, make peace with it and grow from it- it isn't dependent on others. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about this difficult time in your life- I hope you have other people in your life who have your back through this.