This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

No Closure 4 U

By Anon - 10/01/2018 13:00 - United States

Today, after my wife confessed that she’d been having an affair for well over a year, I drove to the guy’s house to confront him. I waited outside for two hours before his neighbor asked me what I was doing. He moved to another state yesterday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 481
You deserved it 575

Top comments

Honestly, I'm incredibly sorry for the pain that you're going through. But why does the other guy matter at all? It's you wife who made a VOLUNTARY CHOICE to betray you? Who cares who he is, where he moved, whatever, he isn't the problem. I hope you find a resolution with in your relationship, one way or another, not with a random guy who also might have no idea you exist.

Apparently, that was something else she didn't tell you about. BTW, if you're smart, you either start marriage counseling or divorce proceedings.

Comments

Apparently, that was something else she didn't tell you about. BTW, if you're smart, you either start marriage counseling or divorce proceedings.

Honestly, I'm incredibly sorry for the pain that you're going through. But why does the other guy matter at all? It's you wife who made a VOLUNTARY CHOICE to betray you? Who cares who he is, where he moved, whatever, he isn't the problem. I hope you find a resolution with in your relationship, one way or another, not with a random guy who also might have no idea you exist.

If the person knew OPs wife was married than they're equally to blame.

TinScarecrow 15

Why? They never made that vow. Is it bad? Sure. Is it "equally" bad? Nope

This, a hundred times this. I will never understand guys getting angry at other guys, for THEIR WIFE being unfaithful. Confront the bit*h, not the guy who maybe never even knew she was married. Think about it, and don't be stupid.

I've never understood this either which is commonly portrayed in tv shows, books, comics and other media. When a woman discovers that a man is cheating on her, she gets confrontational with him, but when a man discovers that a woman is cheating on him, he goes off to confront the man she had the affair with.

Hugtrees, No, not 'equally to blame'. That random guy made no vow to you. They made no promise to be faithful and to commit to you for life. They have no obligation to you WHATSOEVER. That was the WIFE. Sure if you know you're fooling around with a married person then you're a douche, no way are you a nice person, but breaking a marriage vow and breaking trust with your spouse is something else altogether. Do not equate the two, they are NOT EQUAL.

exileonmainst 16

And then your wife and her overly protective friend kicked you in the balls..

Mungolikecandy 19

Why do people usually seem to blame the person their spouse is cheating on them with? Blame the spouse. It seems that you did not know this person well so what is to say he knew of you?

Most people are wondering why you went to confront the other guy instead of your wife. I'm just wondering why the heck you waited outside his house so patiently for two hours.

You scared him so much, he fled the state rather than face your wrath!! I’ll bet your wife tipped him off, so to speak.

Lobby_Bee 17

She probably told you because the affair is over, she probably would continue without you knowing if he haven't moved out of state. Either way, you need to reevaluate your relationship with her.

nafiel 4

put your cellphone on record in your pocket or somewhere, and ask her if she cheated and why. That way you have some evidance when you devorce her. You dont want them feeling sorry for her and letting her have all your stuff. imagine if she flips this,says you cheated on her,gets the house and most of your stuff + spousal support $. get some evidance and divorce her ass

It's so sad but so truthful that men have to resort to things like this in 2018, just so they can keep their possessions.