Here Are Twitter’s Favorite Reactions to The Season 8 Premiere of 'The Walking Dead'!
AMC’s The Walking Dead broadcasted its Season 8 premiere last night and fans were beyond excited to finally return to it after the six month hiatus. To tell you the truth, I was not among them. In fact, I had no idea this show was as huge as it is. Did you know it was the highest-rated and most-watched series of the 2016-2017 season? I sure didn’t.
From what I can tell so far, this is a show that takes place in the American south, maybe, and is pretty much a modern-day Game of Thrones if the entire series took place after the white walkers melted the wall and there was less incest and more machine guns. I don’t know, man. All I know is, zombies.
Despite my ignorance, people seem to really care about TWD so I’m covering it anyway! I thought about watching the whole series myself in preparation, but since I just found out that I have 100 episodes to catch up on and nowhere near enough time to cover that, I’m going to stick to the most prolific platform for modern-day education: Twitter.
Feel free to tutor me in the comments. Help me out, you Walking Dead Heads (or however you call the show’s fans).
1. We'll see how much of a waste it was when the zombie apocalypse actually comes and daddy-o hasn't been prepped.
2. Oh Morgan! So you to kick things off with a bang! (or is it? I really don't know...)
3. You're doing it wrong. Cool guys don't look at explosions.
4. The music supervisors are clearly geniuses.
5. Wait, is this about to get sad?!
6. Oh god. Yeah, we're about to get teary-eyed up in here.
7. Glenn, I never knew you, but I already miss you.
8. Stop saying his name! This is a little much for me to handle emotionally.
9. Wait Kings of Leon are actors too?
10. Glenn, Carl, Judith...who named these people?
I’m just glad they finally aged Judith, she was a baby/toddler for like 5 years meanwhile Carl’s going on 30 #TheWalkingDead— Dirty Dianna (@diabolique21) October 23, 2017
11. Apparently this show takes place in Dimension C-139, in which a zombie apocalypse has riggity riggity wrecked planet Earth.
12. Makes sense.
In this flashback Judith is 9— Sarah Murtaugh (@sarahmurt) October 23, 2017
Michone is still 34
And Rick is 71728
It's fine #TheWalkingDead