Drugs are bad, mkay?

By real life problems - 18/06/2018 06:10

Today, I realized my girlfriend was taking my pain meds from my shoulder surgery. She says it shouldn't hurt after 2 days. I don't have any left and can't get a refill for a week. She took them just for fun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 056
You deserved it 446

real life problems tells us more.

OP here, yes of course i broke up with her over it, which she still thinks I'm over reacting to. I ended up calling for more pain pills but they wouldn't approve me any more that fast. I ended up just dealing with the pain on my own while being bitched out for being selfish.

Top comments

I'm usually against saying "dump'em," but yeahhh...this isn't a minor issue that can be resolved through communication or just some unfortunate accident with a bad outcome. She stole from you to get high and doesn't think it's a big deal.

manb91uk 22

Your should-be-your-ex girlfriend is a thoughtless selfish junkie

Comments

I'm usually against saying "dump'em," but yeahhh...this isn't a minor issue that can be resolved through communication or just some unfortunate accident with a bad outcome. She stole from you to get high and doesn't think it's a big deal.

Oh for sure. Back to the dating scene it is.

I'll add that it's not even just stealing a sentimental or expensive object for cash, she stole your pain meds days after a major surgery with no concern for the pain you'd be in. I don't like to tell you, but that's typical drug addict behavior. She doesn't have to act like a stereotypical junkie or have no redeeming qualities to be someone whom distance should be kept. There's a difference between saying someone is a bad person or a lost cause and recognizing that they're not a healthy person for you to be so close with at this time. Good luck, OP.

chris_lillo 15

Unfortunately, there is a way to get a refill, but you have to tell them what happened and may need her to back the story. Though with the new laws, that may not even work anymore. When I was using opiates for pain management, it was in the agreement I signed. I’ve since switched to MMJ, so I haven’t kept up on the changes in the laws.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Lol 0 upvotes? It doesn't even look that offensive. It was just a little joke guys, he wasn't serious. I upvote.

Sober her up with a Afuckenbrek. Permanent dosage.

manb91uk 22

Your should-be-your-ex girlfriend is a thoughtless selfish junkie

Wait until her period and tell her the same thing.

That sucks, that’s horrible to do with someone else medication.

She’s a qualified Dr to say so? Moronic and sub educational

You don't get a refill, you call your doctor and tell them what happened. You should be written a new script. Hell, ask them for a blood test to prove you're not doping them. Hide them once you can get more.

Urine is actually more accurate than blood because it has a longer half-life in the urine.

If the pharmacy it’s a fill too soon, Insurance company can override it as a lost/stolen medication.

You always have to wonder what would have happened if she had asked if she could take them Girlfriend: “Hey babe can I take your pain medication that you got from your shoulder surgery that causes you to be in lots of pain?” I feel like an asshole for just typing that.

chris_lillo 15

And that is exactly why she didn't ask. If she truly didn't think it would matter or OP would not be hurting than she would have asked

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

dude it's alright. we got it the first time...

chris_lillo 15

Do not know why it sent four times