Bunch of Freeloaders...

By Anonymous - 12/02/2017 18:00 - United States - Spring Hill

Today, after having my Wi-Fi unlocked for two years, I decided to lock it since it was running slowly. Everybody in my apartment building came to my door and asked me why I did it. I've been unknowingly providing free Wi-Fi to the entire building for years, but now that it's protected I'm getting constant dirty looks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 742
You deserved it 3 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fun fact: that's technically illegal. To look more like an asshole, call the cops on everyone!

Unlocked means password free. Did you not think people weren't going to treat you like a Starbucks?

Comments

Dumb ass no kidding they're gonna use it. YDI

How did they know it was yours? If any one of them was downloading kiddie **** or any other illegal online activity, you'd go to jail for it!

Top it off by changing the SSID to #GetUrOwnWiFi to justify those dirty looks then...

Vampirequeen346 8
ilovemychem 22

Better now than another two years? but the fact you thought putting a password on it shows that you knew other people must've been using it and that's why it was slow?

I feel your pain and my wireless is locked

"Yes, the new password is "Penny-Get-Your-Own-Wifi" no spaces."

And it's not like they mistakenly thought it was free building wifi, because they knew exactly where to go to complain about it. I say change your network name to 'not free wifi.'

ohsnapword 21

Seriously? Any Wi-Fi router sold in the past 5 years forces you to use security. This means that you deliberately made your Wi-Fi unsecured. You're lucky some creep didn't use your Wi-Fi to download child ****.

BellaD13 18

That's not always true, if he had just bought the router it may have not come protected

Alup132 22

Maybe the router wasn't purchased on the last 5 years. Mine wasn't.

So you left your Wi-Fi without a password and were surprised to find out other people were using it? Yeah, you deserved it.