This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

Adulting is hard.

By Reebee - 14/10/2017 17:15 - United States - Asheville

Today, my boyfriend proudly pulled his bedding out of the dryer after washing it for the first time in three weeks. Unfortunately, he'd left it wet in the machine for a few days and it now smells like rotting cloth and mold. Sweet dreams, I guess. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 072
You deserved it 387

Top comments

That’s the passive-aggressive way to tell you that it’s your job to wash and dry the bedding. He’s obviously completed the course in Intermediate Manipulation.

exileonmainst 16

The lyrics are actually "Sweet dreams are made of this"..

Comments

That’s the passive-aggressive way to tell you that it’s your job to wash and dry the bedding. He’s obviously completed the course in Intermediate Manipulation.

I think you meant to say that that's the passive aggressive way of telling her that he thinks it's her job to do the laundry.

No, he saying that it’s her job to wash the bedding. Oh, while she’s at it, she might as well do the other laundry, too. That’s another topic covered in Intermediate Manipulation!

exileonmainst 16

The lyrics are actually "Sweet dreams are made of this"..

exileonmainst 16

Also, good luck getting the song out of your heads!

I always thought the lyrics were "Sweet dreams are made of Venus." as a kid.

Is your boyfriend some sort of zombie?

Lobby_Bee 17

It's the thought that counts.

Yeah, thought isn't going to be much of a comfort when they get sinus infections from mold or have to walk around smelling like sour clothing.

rewash it with about a cup worth of vinegar and give it a extra rinse vinegar awesome at killing mold smells works great on sweat too

Okay, gross that he actually thought it was still clean, let alone enough so to be put on the bed- sounds like you might need to show him how to wash it properly. Which, in this case would be more involved because of the **** up. Strip the bed, spray the mattress with vinegar to eliminate the odor that would have transferred, wash the comforter or duvet separate from the other stuff, and soak everything in the wash for at least 45 minutes with detergent and vinegar added. You might even have to repeat it to get out the smell- but if it isn't out by the end of the second wash, it actually means the bedding has started to rot and will have to be replaced.

sumocj 14

In the washer a few days? What was he using in the meantime?

Just wash it once over, problem solved.