30 Times Women Asked Out Men For The #DateChallenge and Got Brutally Shut Down
A few days ago, British relationship blogger Oloni asked women on Twitter to ask out a guy of their choice and share the response online, challenging the cultural norm that say men should be the one to ask out women on a date. What she called the #datechallenge quickly went viral and the responses came flooding in.
Ladies ask that guy you fancy out on a date and tweet me a screen shot of his response. ??— #DateChallenge (@Oloni) October 26, 2017
As you might expect, they were all pretty heartwarming and encouraging. I mean, who doesn’t want to be asked out on a date? Especially men, who were happy to be relieved of that pressure.
But we at FML aren’t too concerned with happy endings. We rather like watching things crash and burn, and while most of the responses gave us the warm n’ fuzzy feels in our tum-tums, we got our fair share of schadenfreude in as well from the date challenges that went, well...worse than expected, with guys not just denying the date, but shutting the girls down completely.
It was ruthless, heartless, and (since the challenge was all in good fun) kind of funny too. Here are some of the most savage!
1. This is what it's like to get curved by a chemist.
2. I'm sorry, but who are you facetiming with for 2.5 hours?!
3. Loud and clear.
4. Not everybody is down with the date challenge.
5. ...132 unread messages?
6. I feel the eye roll.
7. You shouldn't have been so lame the first time around, bud.
8. And not a single feeling was spared.
9. He channeled Randy Jackson for that turn down.
10. Shady, bro.
11. Laughable, apparently.
12. He's just being realistic.
PART 2: NEVER AGAIN ? pic.twitter.com/pp4CJtSMtP— ; (@SemandeSovi) October 26, 2017
13. You missed your chance, babe.
That was a fail ?? pic.twitter.com/FoUnaCfHNo— Muntaas (@Amzgggg) October 26, 2017
15. That hurts.
Never doing this again pic.twitter.com/hNLSQOXfFZ— pew pew? (@pewpistol) October 26, 2017
16. Sure, blame it on the service provider.
?????♀️ pic.twitter.com/O4GybtLViE— Bon Vivant ? (@BreeziNUrMouth) October 26, 2017
17. The emoji turn down is the most frustrating.
???I guess that mean yes or something like it pic.twitter.com/bzsS3GOqWj— ? Blondebirdiiie (@kattavelli) October 27, 2017
18. Jumping to conclusions.
19. Welp, at least it was because of your personality.
He’s gay ?? pic.twitter.com/ahrkIrNWiW— Dory (@perksbeingAnisa) October 27, 2017
21. Direct and to the point.
So this happened ?? pic.twitter.com/EgmWFmkH4n— Shinu Bal (@shinubal) October 27, 2017
22. Didn't your mama teach you manners, boy?
23. Well that's an elaborate excuse.
Guess I'm waiting pic.twitter.com/lukKJMUgtY— S. (@ShemayaGreene) October 28, 2017
24. Guess that failed.
25. No, but I will be soon after reading that message.
Well guess I was shooting from outside the gym ??♀️??♀️ pic.twitter.com/aPIIBLY7I6— ?COURTNEY? (@theonly_duchess) October 30, 2017
27. Huh, I've heard of friend-zoned, but this is a new one.
Come and see oo. I’ve been little sister zoneddddd ?? crien pic.twitter.com/cNaxUoVwWS— Ewuradjoa Brew (@EwuradjoaBrew) October 28, 2017
28. No need for profanity!
So rude to me?? pic.twitter.com/rDPWLJhEjD— Sammy (@sammyorigins) October 29, 2017
I tried :/ pic.twitter.com/yBbnSwYIum— IMANZ (@og_iman) October 28, 2017
30. And one not-so-terrible turn down to give you a little faith in humanity!