15 Ridiculous Christmas Light Displays That Are Brilliantly Trashy
If you’ve ever seen the movies Deck The Halls, National Lampoon’s A Christmas Vacation, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, or literally any Christmas movie ever, you’ll know that some people go all out with their light displays.
I’m sure everyone knows a street known for its collective effort to outshine the rest of the neighborhood. Driving down streets like those can feel pretty magical. Something about the glowing lights is so warm and comforting. But like all good things, there is a limit to how much is too much. There also is a limit to how little is too little. Minimalism is cool, but if you’re going to go for a “minimalist” look, at least make sure it looks tidy.
Since we at FML love fails, we thought we'd get into the FML-Christmas spirit, we’ve compiled 15 Christmas displays that were horribly, horribly done. These displays are so ugly, they’ll make you wish for a blackout.
1. Someone's asking to get fired.
2. We wish you a metal Christmas.
3. This person who was inspired by their neighbor, but not inspired enough.
4. These people who were inspired by the guy who was inspired but not inspired enough, but even less inspired than he was.
5. Deck the balls.
6. How to hang tanlged lights.
7. Here lives Ebenezer Scrooge.
8. Tell me how you really feel about Christmas.
9. Are you coming to the holiday potty?
10. This. I don't know what this is.
11. This is why you don't let Yoda put up the light display.
12. At least their Christmas tree doesn't look too bad.
13. Menneken pis-tletoe.
14. Fun fact: their basement during off-season is a literal house of horrors.